Fender Modification to run 37's with 1.5" Collars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomtom

Reaction score
Would love to do this mod but don't trust my fabrication skills enough to cut up my ride.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent write up, something I’ll do eventually. 37’s look great!

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to 3 different welding supply shops and struck out and wasted too much time online looking for less than 30lb of ER5554 with no luck... Any tips on where to find a pound or even ten of filler rod at a reasonable price?

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to 3 different welding supply shops and struck out and wasted too much time online looking for less than 30lb of ER5554 with no luck... Any tips on where to find a pound or even ten of filler rod at a reasonable price?
You maybe able to bend or otherwise hammer that lip over, Not sure how the aluminum would like it tho. Might get you close?

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really good for clearing the rear fender rub, best I’ve seen, but with 0 offset wheels the 37s will still come up into your fender flare if you take a suspension hit with the wheels turned at all, thus the need for aftermarket fenders.

I do like the look of 37s, but per SVC and TMX in the absence of being paired with fenders so the suspension can flex, it’s an appearance mod, not a functional one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jwpres

jwpres

Reaction score
If I were you I would use the wire you have, Im sure it will work fine.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Looks really good for clearing the rear fender rub, best I’ve seen, but with 0 offset wheels the 37s will still come up into your fender flare if you take a suspension hit with the wheels turned at all, thus the need for aftermarket fenders.

I do like the look of 37s, but per SVC and TMX in the absence of being paired with fenders so the suspension can flex, it’s an appearance mod, not a functional one.

You are assuming zero offset which is also a purely cosmetic ******** mod which spews crap all over your truck and rubs like shit. After running 35s on methods for years I am thinking 37s on stockers is a much better mod.