fender flares rattling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLAKE4130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my fender flares are slightly loose, Mostly the bedside ones. After this past weekends fun in the mud/snow i noticed small stones (the size of salt granules) between the fender flares and body after i washed the truck. I was able to blow most of the stones out with compressed air but since the fender flare isn't very tight to the truck i see this happening often. Not to mention, the flare shaking around when driving is wearing the paint off around the perimeter of it.
Anyone else have this issue and figure out a way to tighten them up?

FN-2187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine aren’t loose or rattling but I’ve taken them off before and I know they’re held in by plastic clips.. you can probably try and pull them out and replace the clips with new ones. That might solve your problem.

OP
OP
JLAKE4130

JLAKE4130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine aren’t loose or rattling but I’ve taken them off before and I know they’re held in by plastic clips.. you can probably try and pull them out and replace the clips with new ones. That might solve your problem.
That was my first thought too. I read on a thread on here ( FRF) that the clips aren't available separately ( without purchasing a fender flare). I tried search Tasco for them with no luck.