Fender Flare Replacement or Line-X? Protective Film?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my car detailed after the last off-road run and he was able to get 95% of the pinstriping off of the paint but my fender flares are looking pretty bad.

I'm looking at replacing them but can't seem to find them on Tasca. Does anyone have an idea as to how much they cost to replace all four?

The other option I thought about was to Line-X them but not sure how that would look. The truck is magnetic for color reference.

After I replace or Line-X, I was looking at getting a protective film on the front/sides of the truck but the quotes I'm getting are around $6k which I think is insane but maybe that is the going rate? Wraps are cheaper but I just don't think they will hold up after a few runs.

Any advice?

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my car detailed after the last off-road run and he was able to get 95% of the pinstriping off of the paint but my fender flares are looking pretty bad.

I'm looking at replacing them but can't seem to find them on Tasca. Does anyone have an idea as to how much they cost to replace all four?

The other option I thought about was to Line-X them but not sure how that would look. The truck is magnetic for color reference.

After I replace or Line-X, I was looking at getting a protective film on the front/sides of the truck but the quotes I'm getting are around $6k which I think is insane but maybe that is the going rate? Wraps are cheaper but I just don't think they will hold up after a few runs.

Any advice?

$6k!? That’s more than doing the entire truck. It’s should be about $5k to do xpel on the entire truck.

I Line-Xed my Gen 1’s fender flares, aftermarket bumpers, & side steps & really liked it. Low maintenance & high ding/scratch resistance. My Gen 2 is paint matched & has xpel protective film though. If you want black fenders, I’d say do Line-X. If you want color matched, do xpel & find another shop to quote you. Front fenders (no flares), side mirrors, hood, & front bumper should run you $1200-$1500. Fender flares are a lot of material, so probably another $400-$500 to do the front 2 fender flares. A-pillars another $200-300. If you want to do the rest of the vehicle, such as doors, it starts adding up. For reference, an Aventador S fully Xpel wrapped was around $5k... wing, door jambs, nooks & crannys, everything covered.

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did line-x on the flares and the ADD bumpers and it has held up perfectly on the trails. Gives it a different look and you can choose between colors and sheens.

VolksDragon

Reaction score
The fender flares are like $285-$300 apiece, and super easy to swap out. Might be cheaper to just replace all four and be done with it for a while. The right rear is HL3Z-9929164-AA, since the dealer just swapped one out for me when I took delivery. You can probably do some digging from there on Tasca.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The fender flares will see lots of punishment unless you tape them up before hitting the trails/track. If you plan to continue offroading, you'd be best served with Line Xing them. Should about $600 total. Still need to get TMX to do mine, just haven't had the spare cash and I tape up my truck every run anyway.

OP
OP
M

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did line-x on the flares and the ADD bumpers and it has held up perfectly on the trails. Gives it a different look and you can choose between colors and sheens.
Can you post a pic? Thinking of going this route.

OP
OP
M

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$6k!? That’s more than doing the entire truck. It’s should be about $5k to do xpel on the entire truck.

I Line-Xed my Gen 1’s fender flares, aftermarket bumpers, & side steps & really liked it. Low maintenance & high ding/scratch resistance. My Gen 2 is paint matched & has xpel protective film though. If you want black fenders, I’d say do Line-X. If you want color matched, do xpel & find another shop to quote you. Front fenders (no flares), side mirrors, hood, & front bumper should run you $1200-$1500. Fender flares are a lot of material, so probably another $400-$500 to do the front 2 fender flares. A-pillars another $200-300. If you want to do the rest of the vehicle, such as doors, it starts adding up. For reference, an Aventador S fully Xpel wrapped was around $5k... wing, door jambs, nooks & crannys, everything covered.
Sorry should have been more specific. I got a quote for full side protection (including doors) and the hood. Basically what was excluded was the roof and the tailgate. I got two quotes for Llumar/Suntek premium film and they have both were in that ballpark.

Want to keep the paint up but the cost just seems crazy.

After the suggestions, I'm thinking of going Line-X then using temporary tape for the days I offroad on the side.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry should have been more specific. I got a quote for full side protection (including doors) and the hood. Basically what was excluded was the roof and the tailgate. I got two quotes for Llumar/Suntek premium film and they have both were in that ballpark.

Want to keep the paint up but the cost just seems crazy.

After the suggestions, I'm thinking of going Line-X then using temporary tape for the days I offroad on the side.

Line-X for sure if you’re using it like you are. Also, you can have your entire Raptor Line-xed for probably $5-6k.

That price might be good for your area though, but the film is surprisingly expensive & is one reason why it’s so expensive.

OP
OP
M

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line-X for sure if you’re using it like you are. Also, you can have your entire Raptor Line-xed for probably $5-6k.

That price might be good for your area though, but the film is surprisingly expensive & is one reason why it’s so expensive.
I like Line-X but not for the entire truck [emoji16]. I do want to have some resale value for my never been offroaded vehicle when it comes time to sell. [emoji14]