Fender Flare Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing, I did a search and couldn’t find a paint code for the Gen 3 fender flares. So I’m asking for advice on repairing the minor dings in the photo. I installed my new ADD Phantom bumper, in the process of initial fitment, I bumped the passenger flare several times before I got the alignment correct for mounting the first two securement bolts. I wrapped each end in thin packaging foam to prevent such an occurrence, but it still happened…too aggressive.

I’m asking for suggestions on how best to repair this. I called the local dealership’s parts department and asked for a touch up paint code, they couldn’t find one. I don’t know if the flare is molded in color, or painted. If molded in color I can use fine grit sandpaper to smooth them out, then buff it…hopefully. If they are painted, I would smooth them out in the same fashion, then paint, but it’ll be hard to apply touch up paint smoothly, though I’m prepared to take my time, and get it done right.

Many will say “leave it, you’ll get more” or “it shows that it’s been used, not babied” etc. Problem is, I’m very a**l, and I want it repaired, so any helpful suggestions would be appreciated along with a paint code.IMG_0599.jpeg

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I can't imagine living this way, but I will offer you the following lead.

OP
OP
itsarap

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I apologize for not doing a more thorough search before creating this thread. The thread you forwarded has great info, so thank you.

Not many can imagine being as a**l as I, but it’s just the way I’m wired.