Feedback on RPG 2.25" collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing done to the back...Yeah still rolling with the 2.25 perch kit. I know there will be some rubbing on full compression if going off road. I have turned hard left into parking lots the last couple days and did hear a quick rub...Basically hit a pot hole. So can't say there's not going to be occasional rubbing when your bounce around on full lock...

You can check the rub marks and trim additional plastic where needed. I had to trim the front of the fender flare on both sides due to rubbing from mild off-roading. I trimmed straight down from the crease in the inner fender well plastic down through the fender flare. I also painted the plastic honeycomb flat black to help it disappear.

IMG_3487.JPG

Last edited:

Bradams

Reaction score
You can check the rub marks and trim additional plastic where needed. I had to trim the front of the fender flare on both sides due to rubbing from mild off-roading. I trimmed straight down from the crease in the inner fender well plastic down through the fender flare. I also painted the plastic honeycomb flat black to help is disappear.

View attachment 113355

I had my work done at a custom truck shop not far from where I live. They did paint the honeycomb black for me and did a real nice job. The shop owner ended up doing the trim work since they hadn't had a Raptor in there yet to install 37s...I might run back over there if I hear any rubbing again. Going to get that new intake system next before winter arrives...

Jon Ballard

Reaction score
So I am thinking of putting on the RPG 1.5 on the 18 Raptor. Was wondering should i get the 2.25 if I plan on putting on a ADD Bumper?

Gomez

Reaction score
i have a 10 Raptor, i want to know When Ford Stopped using the Adjustable front shock!? from the factory they came @ the Lowest setting, with 2 more to go. i did what they called Purched the front, the second setting is used to take the Rake out AND to stop the truck from Diving into corners "IT WORKED" i realigned the front an was .5* on left wheel .75* on the other having it ckd when i had the truck serviced. the third adjustment was for OFF ROAD USE ! this may Not Be of Any help, but im in the market for 1st gen Shocks

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have a 10 Raptor, i want to know When Ford Stopped using the Adjustable front shock!? from the factory they came @ the Lowest setting, with 2 more to go. i did what they called Purched the front, the second setting is used to take the Rake out AND to stop the truck from Diving into corners "IT WORKED" i realigned the front an was .5* on left wheel .75* on the other having it ckd when i had the truck serviced. the third adjustment was for OFF ROAD USE ! this may Not Be of Any help, but im in the market for 1st gen Shocks

Gen 2s (17, 18 & 19s) do not have the perch adjustments on the Fox shocks. You have to buy a perch collar, new springs or new shock assemblies to lift the front.

FYI, I also have an original 2010 Raptor SCAB at mid-"Perch".

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...-fox-shock-perch-height-level-the-front.6969/

Last edited:

Bradams

Reaction score
So I am thinking of putting on the RPG 1.5 on the 18 Raptor. Was wondering should i get the 2.25 if I plan on putting on a ADD Bumper?

Not sure what actual style of ADD bumper your going with. So I dunno how much room your going to need. Go talk to someone that runs a custom truck shop in your area since those guys will be the best source to help before you make a decision. I still have a stock bumpers on my 2017 Gen II. That's probably my next investment, good luck and post some pics here once you've got your mods done, would be interested in checking it out!

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If you are thinking about going higher due to the additional weight of the ADD bumper, I do not think there is enough of a difference for it to matter. At 2.25" you will be exactly level. At 1.5" you will have a 3/4" rake from back to front.

If you are planning to add 37s at some point in the future, you should consider the adjustable collars, Geiser springs or Fox/King shocks with Deaver +3s for the back.

SnowDawg

Reaction score

I personally don't think 1.5 is worth it. I did 2.25 (RPG adjustable) and it's barely noticeable. Looks great and leveled, but I would have been disappointed with anything less.

Bradams

Reaction score
I personally don't think 1.5 is worth it. I did 2.25 (RPG adjustable) and it's barely noticeable. Looks great and leveled, but I would have been disappointed with anything less.

Yeah I agree with the 2.25 being just right to level it out. I rolled the dice since my RPG isn't adjustable but got lucky.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the 2.25 being just right to level it out. I rolled the dice since my RPG isn't adjustable but got lucky.
I love the 1.5", I don't want the truck level but wanted the front a bit higher. Fits the bill nicely.