Feedback on RPG 2.25" collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, the front end is too squishy for my taste and I want to firm it up just a bit without doing too much kung-fu.

I spoke with RPG on the phone and they said their 2.25" collar adds noticeable firmness but the 1.5" may not be noticeable to most people from a ride firmness perspective. (I won't go into the science of spring rates and firmness and LCA angles; I am interested in discussing only firmness not ride height).

Question for folks that have the 2.25" collars - is your truck nose high or level? I hate a nose high stance and want to make sure I don't jack up the front too high. What about ride quality?

What's weird is that to my naked eye, I don't see a lot of rake in my truck so I'm hesitant to go 2.25" in front.

Thanks for your thoughts.

SwQVYX6t7cVphDfcgHh7GBXQjUefq3BqZihpgRSn8jKghizOZ4.jpg

d1FPYVuxbeg7zlwsxIGFEvaq-tlJhMlr5nKmGES6raGBkoGRY4.jpg

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the 2.25" ICON AAC and originally set it at 2.25" but it was to high in front. I took it down to 1.75" and it is about 0.25" higher in front now. I plan on adding Deaver +3 springs and will take it back to the full 2.25" when I do. I prefer the ICON setup because it is versatile. I could drop it back to 1.5" and be perfectly level if I wanted to.

Relimb11

Reaction score
I did the RPG 2.25 it definitely improved the nose dive when braking.Slightly firmer around turns.im definitely not nose high either,level or maybe slightly lower.I was worried about it changing the feel while driving making it feel stiffer but haven't noticed that at all.Over all I love it and would do it again.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer SRS, but I don't forsee adjusting the collar. I don't have time to do and redo lifts, been there done that with previous trucks and big reason I got the raptor is to avoid all the kung fu.

Any more thoughts on 2.25 - nose high or not? (thanks relimb).

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer SRS, but I don't forsee adjusting the collar. I don't have time to do and redo lifts, been there done that with previous trucks and big reason I got the raptor is to avoid all the kung fu.

Any more thoughts on 2.25 - nose high or not? (thanks relimb).

I understand. I will say though that you may find that you set it at a 1" and drive for a few months, make other suspension changes, it settles some, and you want it adjusted up when you do your next oil change. It is an easy change that any shop can do. Personally, if I had a Gen 2 and didn't do aftermarket 3.0's I would either go Icon or SVC adjustable just for that reason. I love RPG and almost everything on my truck is RPG. With my 3.0's right now I have adjusted them 4 separate times in the last year. The versatility is fantastic to have, even if you decide you never need it.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok took some measurements​ of my truck as it stands now and it looks like my rake is less than inch. The 2.25 collars will definitely not work. c654b37db0d1c9b5f78c990ea1623761.jpgda90cac9f42e82e186eaae9e22dc4f45.jpg

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a set of used RPG 1.5" collars and new 2" bajamod coil spacers if looking for other middle of road options, PM if interested