Feedback on Corsa X pipe res delete with Stock Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a wealth of information out there on this subject, like mentioned above most true hard core turbo motors are not running X or H pipes. From what I know and have read it`s just going to increase the exhaust tone and do nothing for performance. Supercharged motors on the street seem to almost always use a X or H pipe as it helps pull the spent exhaust gasses out of the system. Air is being forced in and the X/H pipe is a method to help get it out faster. IMO
Thank you.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But it’s not hindering anything correct? I don’t think any exhaust system really does anything worthwhile aside from sound. If it is it’s minimal.
That would be my question too, I’m only looking for increased “sound” so long as it doesn’t effect the performance or screws up anything mechanically.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having an xpipe or an h pipe with a turbo system won't mess anything up mechanically at all. Is it a detriment to performance? Well, maybe slightly but in all honesty only dyno testing would prove one way or the other. My comment about them not being ideal for turbo applications stands however. Like I said before x and h pipes are used to scavenge exhaust gasses to help evacuate better/quick in NA application where there is no force induction - nothing to help push the exhaust gasses out. The goal with exhaust is to get it out as fast as possible, with NA that is with x pipes and h pipes and with turbos, that is a straight through exhaust.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having an xpipe or an h pipe with a turbo system won't mess anything up mechanically at all. Is it a detriment to performance? Well, maybe slightly but in all honesty only dyno testing would prove one way or the other. My comment about them not being ideal for turbo applications stands however. Like I said before x and h pipes are used to scavenge exhaust gasses to help evacuate better/quick in NA application where there is no force induction - nothing to help push the exhaust gasses out. The goal with exhaust is to get it out as fast as possible, with NA that is with x pipes and h pipes and with turbos, that is a straight through exhaust.

Thanks for the education. Can you explain how an x-pipe/h-pipe helps get the exhaust out faster on a NA car? I have the Corsa Double Helix resonator delete on my NA 5.2L GT350, so I am curious if two x’es are better than one. I know it sounds awesome! :cool:

3B1931B6-59E2-448D-BF1B-AB0F83CFF2BA.jpeg

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so we have made it through this whole thread without any answer. I’m interested, anyone done the Corsa res delete only and care to give us feedback?

TheInfamousDrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this thread as I have a Corsa Xtreme exhaust in the garage waiting to be installed. I've been trying to research which route I wanted to go. Full exhaust, res delete, or "Sport".

FWIW, my 14 M5 w/ a V8TT has a stock H/X pipe as does every aftermarket exhaust including BMW Performance exhaust designed by the ///M team and built by Akrapovic.
Does it add HP? I don't know, but it seems like it certainly doesn't hurt. :D

7937716022_668957a3c6_h.jpg
e2855c65cf4e48d0b9aebf66358c5c80.png