Feedback on Corsa X pipe res delete with Stock Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Looking for feedback from anyone that has this set up, and as a bonus, if the initial set up had the Corsa X Pipes and Corsa Extreme as well, that would great.

I know I’ll get many comments about why I’m considering this change, let me first say I spent a lot of time research and talking to all the aftermarket Exhaust manufacturers before settling on my current set up (Corsa Extreme Exhaust with Corsa Resonator delete X Pipes ), and IMO, this is the closest set up to sounding like a V-8 without any raspy noises nor cabin drone and I’m very pleased with the sound and quality.

Having said that and back to the “why”, wifey said it’s too loud for her, even louder than my Gen1 Roush with Stainless works same set up and my G63 with OEM exhaust.

Any feedback with just Corsa X pipes and OEM exhaust would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, I’ll be posting my Corsa Exteme Exhaust with Gunmetal finish ( looks amazing in person) in the classified section soon. Only 1,200 miles on them and clear coated with heat resistant product that will not change color or peel, great for keep clean.

Todd

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna say this again - x pipes and H pipes don't belong on a (twin) turbo application, period. They are to help scavenge in NA applications. x pipes and h pipes on turbos will only hinder fast evacuation, but I get it, sound > everythingelse.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna say this again - x pipes and H pipes don't belong on a (twin) turbo application, period. They are to help scavenge in NA applications. x pipes and h pipes on turbos will only hinder fast evacuation, but I get it, sound > everythingelse.
Thank you for the feedback. I’m not mechanically inclined and don’t pretend to understand the mechanics behind how and why an exhaust system is designed to operate. Would you mind educating me in the importance of hindering fast evacuation for our Turbo engine's? I checked with my local Ford Service dealership, they said this proposed set up, would not void any warranties, so long as I don’t go past the resonator delete into the cats and beyond.

thank you in advance.

Last edited:

JustDennis

Reaction score
Interested.. going to follow this thread. If I can find a stock exhaust, I think I want to go that route as well

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason is it loud is because you removed the OEM resonator. Just put the resonator back and you should be fine. I am running the corsa sport (muffler and tail-pipes) .. which is the same as what you are running except you added the extreme piece which replaces the oem resonator. My exhaust is not loud at all until you really get on the gas.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason is it loud is because you removed the OEM resonator. Just put the resonator back and you should be fine. I am running the corsa sport (muffler and tail-pipes) .. which is the same as what you are running except you added the extreme piece which replaces the oem resonator. My exhaust is not loud at all until you really get on the gas.
Thank you for the feedback. I might go this route first.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There is a wealth of information out there on this subject, like mentioned above most true hard core turbo motors are not running X or H pipes. From what I know and have read it`s just going to increase the exhaust tone and do nothing for performance. Supercharged motors on the street seem to almost always use a X or H pipe as it helps pull the spent exhaust gasses out of the system. Air is being forced in and the X/H pipe is a method to help get it out faster. IMO

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But it’s not hindering anything correct? I don’t think any exhaust system really does anything worthwhile aside from sound. If it is it’s minimal.