Feasibility of Adding OEM Rain-Sensing Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
Hello all. I’ve been lurking around for a few days but this it my first post. Excellent forum by the way.

I have a 2011 Raptor S’Crew on order, and I note that the rain sensing wipers are not available as an option. I’ve had several cars that have rain-sensing wipers, including my (wife's really) 2010 Expedition, and I really like them.

Any idea how feasible it would be to retrofit them to a 2011 Raptor? I see there are aftermarket kits available, but I would only be interested if I could install the OEM Ford item.

Obviously this is not worth doing if it's major surgery, but if all that's required is ordering the right parts and plugging them into the appropriate harness, then I think it would be a great mod.

Thanks.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
well since the Platinums come with this option I would imagine it's definitely possible to find the OEM part. Something tells me it would be pretty major on the wallet though. I'm sure FSM will be around soon to chime in.

OP
OP
kglesq

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score
Thanks Birdman. Aftermarket kits are about $75, so I'm guessing the IR sensor for the windshield isn't too expensive, and the control stalk is identical for both the intermittent and rain-sensing wipers. So, hopefully, it's not terribly expensive to do.

Of course, there's the concern that it's not plug-and-play and requires that the BCM be programmed to recognize it. I'd thus need to find a dealer that can get that right, which can sometimes be a problem.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kglesq, I believe that this can be done OEM. I have researched the work shop manual for the 2010 F-150 and see that it is a function of the SJB (Smart Junction Box) . I need to check on the parts availability and what you will need as well as if it is a programmable function of the SJB in the Raptor. Will get this info back to you Mon-Tues ish.

FSM

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
kglesq, I believe that this can be done OEM. I have researched the work shop manual for the 2010 F-150 and see that it is a function of the SJB (Smart Junction Box) . I need to check on the parts availability and what you will need as well as if it is a programmable function of the SJB in the Raptor. Will get this info back to you Mon-Tues ish.

FSM

and the man is back. thanks for your help FSM!

OP
OP
kglesq

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score

FSM

Thanks! Very much appreciated!