Favorite Tonneau Cover

What’s your favorite tonneau cover?

• Diamondback

• Backflip Style/Leer/Folding

• Tuxedo Soft Roll/Roll up design

• Retax or similar rebranded

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't say whether you have any requirements. Do you need full bed space available? Will tracks inside the bed rails be in the way or possibly get damaged? Do you need to be able to remove it? Is weight a concern? Do you GAF about supporting the CCP or do you want to buy something not built with slave labor? If none of these are a concern, just buy the most expensive one, since it's clearly the best. :)

ba123

Reaction score
I’ve owned a couple trucks and a couple different covers. Went with the Backflip this time and love this thing. Soooo much better than anything else. I added a tiny bit of weatherstrip at the tailgate to keep a little more water out and it’s as water tight as one could hope for, super strong, looks nice, folds all the way up and props against back window or I think you can remove it as well but no need.

sgfoust

Reaction score
Depending on your real world use, Diamondback HD is the way to go. It can support a payload of 1600 pound even though the bed can only handle 1400 pounds. I plan on putting a iKamper tent on the bed cover with Front Runner bars that are designed for the cover.

Sidewayz

Reaction score
I went with Lomax cover..

I've had a few over the years and my opinion is for the price.. this is my favorite..

It was all about lowest profile for me though

Nick9323

Reaction score
Bakflip MX4 has been great for me on my gen 2. Only complaint is that I've had to have the rails warrantied as off roading in the heat has worn the weather seals a bit (not a big deal but my only complaint, super easy to work with too on that warranty replacement).

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a Truxedo LoPro on my last truck and wanted something more secure and that worked w/ the power tailgate.
got the Undercover Armorflex. so far, happy. not as watertight as the LoPro but I expected that. easy to install and remove if I need full bed access for dumping in landscaping materials, etc. Only time I prop up the cover is to load/retrieve misc stuff and the strut works great and I like the panels don't lean on the cab.

didn't do a canister since I needed the space for the bow/stern of my kayaks and other folding style like Diamondback too heavy for my needs - not carrying anything on top

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... even though the bed can only handle 1400 pounds ...
You need to read your door jamb sticker. 1400lb in the bed will darn near have the hitch dragging and leaving a spark trail. 1400 includes passengers and there's a weight limit for each axle.