Favorite Tonneau Cover

What’s your favorite tonneau cover?

• Diamondback

• Backflip Style/Leer/Folding

• Tuxedo Soft Roll/Roll up design

• Retax or similar rebranded

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpl291

Reaction score
Favorite Tonneau covers? I’m sure I missed some styles/brand if so list them below and I’ll try to add them to the poll.

Last edited:

Spooky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't actually own one....or have ever used one on a personally owned vehicle.....but I'm leaning towards the Backflip due to reviews, looks and functionality.

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got this one - American Roll Cover - for my Gen3. It is made in the USA and NOT a rebrand of someone else's unit - has a lot of features that are nicer than the other options.

Best part of it for me - the box/canister that stores the retracted cover is the smallest on the market. It doesn't block the forward Boxlink cleat. All the other covers have a much larger canister that takes up more space in the bed. I thought I had a picture of it but I can't find it now, will look later tonight.

It also has seatbelt webbing for the pull strap rather than a cheap narrow backpack strap like the other brands. The lock mechanism is much better and doesn't require a key to release it from inside the bed - so unless you want to unlock it with the liftgate up you don't need to mess with a key at all.

You can buy it with slots for a rack mount on the side rails, which I haven't tried out yet.

All in all I would never buy one of the other brands of roll covers. I had a Pace-Edwards (same as Leer?) roll cover on my Gen2, and it was decent, but this one is better in all the ways described above.

As for other styles - I obviously think the roll cover is the best. Had a Bakflip three-panel cover on my 2018 F-150 Lariat - it was fine but if you wanted to use the whole bed, you have to flip all the panels against the rear glass, which was annoying. The Bakflip was pretty light, I think the roll covers are usually around 100 lbs.

Last edited:

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have the powered one from pace Edwards. Has a key fob and works great. Does take up some of the bed however for the cover as it is rolled up in a metal box towards the front.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Lomax cover. Waiting for my truck to deliver so I can install it. We’ll see how it works out

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
I have the Bakflip MX4 on my 2016 F150 and have been very happy with it. It's held up very well and I like the operation of it. Planning to order another one for the Raptor when I get a "built/shipped" notification from Ford...