Favorite Engine

Discussion in 'The SuperDuty Section' started by 6.2, Jun 16, 2011.

1. whtrapta

whtrapta Ostrich Wrangler

the grass is always greener? they look great but cant do near as much stuff as a raptor. They are mostly just looks. I guarantee every super duty guy that sees a raptor is wishing he got one instead.

2. HoustonRider

HoustonRider Full Access Member

thats what i had on my 2009 F250....that shit would tear my tires up !!

3. Raptorguy21

Raptorguy21 The Bob Vila of Trucks

YES SIR!!!! and don't forget about the 345HP tune too......as of right now the 6.4 is the bolt-on king. You just can't beat 550HP and 1000+TQ with just a simple intake, tuner, and exhaust. I had two 6.4s and loved them. The 7.3's is just a great motor that will get from point A to point B, maybe not very fast but it will get you there. The 6.7 needs more time, but so far looks to be great motor.....as for 6.0, I've got one right now and I'm sorry but it is simply the best sounding diesel period.......but Jesus it is a pain in the ass, so far I've "bulletproofed" the EGR and oil cooler, upgraded my turbo to a Powermax and its going in for headstuds next week and after everything I should be good to go.....we will see, I like it a lot and I'm willing to deal and improve these issues cuz when its running right it runs like a raped ape, but a lot aren't willing to deal with it and its understandable cuz its quite a chunk of change to get this 6.0 to run right

4. superduty

superduty Full Access Member

I own a 6.7 and it's my first Super Duty. My brother owns a 7.3 and swears by it (pulling heavy equip daily). He owned a 6.0 and offed it for a 2011 F 150 Eco Boost. His 6.0 was plagued with issues and the turbo failed. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for him.

My 6.7 fuel mileage has been all over the place. Averaging 18 all around and it's recently dropped. Love the truck!

5. 6.2

6.2 Banned

Awesome. I keep going between wanting a diesel and a gas haha. A "bullet proofed" 6.0 would be awesome, for the sound alone. However a 6.4 would be killer to.

So would a 5.0 gasser...

6. Raptorguy21

Raptorguy21 The Bob Vila of Trucks

Wow 18 all round is pretty damn good......

I miss my 6.4 from time to time, but then I just lay into my 6.0 and those sad those quickly go away.......

7. linexsa

linexsa Full Access Member

i drive em all on a consistent basis (we offer pick up and delivery from dealerships and other truck shops) Ive driven 100s of each motor. ive had 2 6.0s and honestly have to say they arent bad. The 7.3 was reliable and a great motor, but lacked quite a bit power wise. the 6.4 is pretty wicked with a good programmer and all the emissions crap gone. the 6.7 is awesome. i really like this motor, and cant wait to see what the aftermarket will do to it in the years to come. both of my 6.0s have been pretty good to me. if you delete the EGR, update the oil cooler, add head studs and gaskets (thats next) you end up with a pretty reliable motor. It was pretty advanced when it came out in 03. ive seen alot of bad ones, but when you get a good one they are awesome.

8. Madcowranch

Madcowranch Genetically Modified

This guy was parked next to me yesterday. Sweet!:peace:

The lower image is a closeup of his window sticker.

Attached Files:

9. blood

blood FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

My 7.3 was a great motor but lacked power .my 6.0 was a great motor when I got studs and deleted the egr cooler it was crap design .little known fact is the 6.2 was a diesel block until international found out about it.