Fault warnings out of nowhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franklin Yeti

Reaction score
Alright, so I was driving my brand new 2018 with all of 170 miles on it, going about 70 on the highway, and out of nowhere started getting these alerts;

Antilock Brake Fault
Hill Start Assist Warning
Hill descent Control Fault Warning
Forward Collision Warning

Also the ABS light is light up on the dash. I did some trouble shooting and couldn't figure it out. Got an appointment to take it into the dealer Friday to get checked out. Anyone heard of this before by chance? Thanks forum.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I was driving my brand new 2018 with all of 170 miles on it, going about 70 on the highway, and out of nowhere started getting these alerts;

Antilock Brake Fault
Hill Start Assist Warning
Hill descent Control Fault Warning
Forward Collision Warning

Also the ABS light is light up on the dash. I did some trouble shooting and couldn't figure it out. Got an appointment to take it into the dealer Friday to get checked out. Anyone heard of this before by chance? Thanks forum.

I have the exact same issue plus a bunch more errors. The Tuck goes in tomorrow. I was told everything you list plus a few other electrical issues could all be due to wheel speed sensor error. I looked at the codes and I do have a right rear error.

Code: C003A - Right rear wheel speed sensor

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Circuit Short To Ground Or Open

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC

Module: Antilock braking system

Last edited:
OP
OP
Franklin Yeti

Franklin Yeti

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue plus a bunch more errors. The Tuck goes in tomorrow. I was told everything you list plus a few other electrical issues could all be due to wheel speed sensor error. I looked at the codes and I do have a right rear error.

Code: C003A - Right rear wheel speed sensor

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Circuit Short To Ground Or Open

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC

Module: Antilock braking system

Thank you for your reply, this makes me feel better, I'll pass this along to the tech on Friday when I drop the car off.

OP
OP
Franklin Yeti

Franklin Yeti

Reaction score
Well, took the truck to the dealership yesterday, they said it was a "hard Fault". I said what does that mean, they said, the ford engineers will have to look into it and that could be 24 hours. Anyhow, they gave me a loaner in the meantime. I plan to follow up with them today, my concern is its a larger issue and they may have to keep the truck for an extended period, which makes me worry about a brand new truck with only 120 miles having issues. Could this be a sign of things to come. If they have to have it for an extended period, what are my options Can I ask for a new truck given I only had this one for 3 days? Who knows. Bah Humbug.

chewy1964

Reaction score
Had this happen to my 2018 with 9000 miles this past weekend, Also disables the cruise control.

Did you guys get the resolution