Faster steering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I was referring to the ratio that is built in (turns lock to lock)

Some people don't understand the difference...:)

i get it. The epas performance setup isnt really any different from the gen2 raptor epas unit in that it can be adjusted on the fly. ( the gen 2 raptor rack changes ratio and assistance level based on mode selection) .

I think it still would be something interesting to research and try out.

OP
OP
C

Caveguru

Reaction score
waaait a minute, the GEN 2 raptor has an epas, but is it variable ratio or not? If it is then someone might be able to get in there and change the settings, or even re-map it. Or are you referring to the company, "EPAS" and the rack they apparently make?

Also, which module controls the steering? I see at least 2 steering-related modules in the FORSCAN list, but the spreadsheet here on the forums just has the "Steering Column Control Module (SCCM)" with a bunch of cryptic codes that I guess I'll need to decipher.

OP
OP
C

Caveguru

Reaction score
ok, do you know which module the raptor has that controls this? Possible names for it from the forscan capability list include:
- Electronic-Controlled Power Steering (EPS)
- Power Steering Control Module (PSCM)
- Steering Effort Control Module (SECM)
- Variable Assist Power Steering (VAPS)

The spreadsheet here in the forums only shows settings for PSCM although several settings are too cryptic and I don't see one where I might be able to set a faster steering "mode". I guess I'll have to check my truck to see which modules forscan shows.

Next I'll have to do some research and find if anyone has found settings for this module that do what I want. Then if that doesn't work I'll have to hack the module myself. Ugh. Already wanting to hack the Fox live valve control module (found that in a video- it's just above the drivers left foot on the wall), although I don't expect this to be very easy. I guess I also need to find which module controls driving modes since it may be easiest to just mod how one of the existing mods behave. Then I could do something like have a Baja mode that leaves the truck in 2wd or 4auto for on the pavement.

OP
OP
C

Caveguru

Reaction score
Ok, I really don't think the steering ratio is variable. I've found a ford specification sheet for the 2019 Raptor and it says that is is "variable power assist" with a ratio of 17.1:1, so I think it's fixed ratio. Still working on learning more about the steering control module.