Fan sound from rear seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Visier

Reaction score
There is a note on the "things to check after taking delivery" page that notes there is a TSB out for the 2kw inverter where a reprogramming will fix it. I have a scheduled visit next Monday to my dealer to have them service it. I'll report back if it fixes the issue.

Below is an image from that thread (not my original photo):
A29030D5-C475-49A3-99E9-8FE8F6FE8489.png

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines scheduled to go in for this on Friday.
will also report back if it fixes it.

johnbud

Reaction score
Do you have Power Tech package? If so I read somewhere about a fan for the inverter that is part of Power Tech package being the source of the noise.
There isn't a rattle in the truck. That would explain it, I would expect the fan to be super quiet. I don't know what Ford was thinking, just that annoying fan which the customer doesn't want to hear.

Reaction score
I rarely need to use power, so I'd like to have off at all times. Now when I start the truck I hit the onboard power button 2x to go first to Gen mode then to off every time I start the truck. Big inconvenience.

LennyMoe

Reaction score
overall, does they fix the fans nose issue? what did they fix it? thank you!
You're digging up an old thread, my man. The TSB for the power tech package definitely works. If that recall has already been performed on your truck, there's either another issue or you are hearing the cooling seat fan. If you have both the driver and passenger cooled seats on at the same time (no one in the passenger seat), it can be pretty loud.