Fan sound from rear seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4ready

Reaction score
Hearing a constant fan noise from my 21' Raptor 801a coming from rear seat. Thought it was a rear vent closed / blocked making the noise but it wasn't. Was curious if anyone else heard this or if i need to find a vent setting or something. Sounds like it's coming from under driver seat.

Last edited:

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have Power Tech package? If so I read somewhere about a fan for the inverter that is part of Power Tech package being the source of the noise.
This... complaints on the standard F150s of the fan noise from the inverter running all the time regardless if you're using it or not

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my truck from the dealer tonight and drove it home in silence (no radio, no climate, windows). I immediately noticed the fan noise. Reminded me of the fan sound of the ventilated seats. Figured I may have had something on and it was late when I finally arrived home with it.

Was more concerned if it was going to fit in my garage

Started it up this morning and immediately heard the sound again and opened the rear door drivers side and confirmed it’s def coming from under/around the rear seat. On the back/side wall of the truck is a vent that had a fair amount of air coming out of it. As someone else posted I’m also assuming Something to do with the inverter for power generator.

With the radio on I can’t hear it, but otherwise I can and never turned off on my 20 minute drive. Is this happening on all our trucks and normal? People just not hearing it ?

OP
OP
4x4ready

4x4ready

Reaction score
Do you have Power Tech package? If so I read somewhere about a fan for the inverter that is part of Power Tech package being the source of the noise.
Yes, and just realized the power or generator was on. Once I shut if off the fan eventually stopped after a few minutes.

Sounds like its only on the 2kw inverter models since on the 7.2 it's outside the cabin.

Looks like there's a power button near the headlights that you can toggle during startup to disable it vs. using the touch screen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4ready

4x4ready

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck from the dealer tonight and drove it home in silence (no radio, no climate, windows). I immediately noticed the fan noise. Reminded me of the fan sound of the ventilated seats. Figured I may have had something on and it was late when I finally arrived home with it.

Was more concerned if it was going to fit in my garage

Started it up this morning and immediately heard the sound again and opened the rear door drivers side and confirmed it’s def coming from under/around the rear seat. On the back/side wall of the truck is a vent that had a fair amount of air coming out of it. As someone else posted I’m also assuming Something to do with the inverter for power generator.

With the radio on I can’t hear it, but otherwise I can and never turned off on my 20 minute drive. Is this happening on all our trucks and normal? People just not hearing it ?

Same here, the 3" exrtra width on each side (not sure if that's correct) feels like 10". I lifted the rear seat on driver side and saw the inverter where in the Powerboost 7.2kw it's normally an empty space. I think if you turn it off at engine start time it will eventually shut down. Would be nice to inhibit it all together unless you really need it. Appreciate the info.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some more digging and everything stated above seems to be correct. Just have to turn it off each time.

Appreciate the tip on the button near the headlight…I know I saw the on/off within the center screen, but dedicated button makes it a little quicker.

I wish it could be disabled from auto turning on.

Maybe it will put out some supplemental heat in the winter months:p

Last edited:

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4BE93D72-FD4D-4268-833E-F4FF9D377A8B.jpegB2D77A25-BE6A-407A-9D60-EFCB10794116.jpegB2D77A25-BE6A-407A-9D60-EFCB10794116.jpegFew pictures attached, but the inverter under the rear (drivers side) passenger seat has a visible air duct from the fans that go to the rear corner up into a trim piece and then out the pictured vent.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, and just realized the power or generator was on. Once I shut if off the fan eventually stopped after a few minutes.

Sounds like its only on the 2kw inverter models since on the 7.2 it's outside the cabin.

Looks like there's a power button near the headlights that you can toggle during startup to disable it vs. using the touch screen.
@tooldrmr2009 posted in the main forum that there seems to be a sw update available to address the loud fan noise from the rear.