Fan noise on driver side inside cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Have been with my R for weeks and I noticed some exhaust fan noise when the truck is running inside the cab. The noise is similar to the fan noise of 2kw generator (pro power), which R doesn’t have, but comes from somewhere between driver side and center console (my passenger can only hear it after tilting left). Do you have any clue what it is? Could it come from the 400w inverter or the central infotainment system? Thanks.

Spartylamb

Reaction score
It’s most likely the air conditioned seat. It took me a hour to figure it out. It’s loud and hard to tell where it’s coming from. Hopefully that’s all it is.

OP
OP
X

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s most likely the air conditioned seat. It took me a hour to figure it out. It’s loud and hard to tell where it’s coming from. Hopefully that’s all it is.
Right I know that sound but I didn’t turn it on as it’s only 50 outside…

OP
OP
X

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn’t there a small fan on the back driver side rear seat ? I thought I remembered that from my Gen 3.
sounds like the propower fan? I remember there is one under rear seat on my 21 35. But on R the space under rear driver and middle seat is pretty clean. I even put my bottled water there . There’s only a small 400W inverter under rear passenger seat which can’t be disabled.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the propower fan? I remember there is one under rear seat on my 21 35. But on R the space under rear driver and middle seat is pretty clean. I even put my bottled water there . There’s only a small 400W inverter under rear passenger seat which can’t be disabled.

Yeah I just looked at mine and yeah nothing. I put the Ford road side kit there. Fit like a glove.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Have been with my R for weeks and I noticed some exhaust fan noise when the truck is running inside the cab. The noise is similar to the fan noise of 2kw generator (pro power), which R doesn’t have, but comes from somewhere between driver side and center console (my passenger can only hear it after tilting left). Do you have any clue what it is? Could it come from the 400w inverter or the central infotainment system? Thanks.

I can’t seem to replicate what you’re describing. I only have a fan noise with cooled seats on.