Falken Wildpeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea they were road force balanced at Tires Plus. I did have 1 tire that was out of round and had to buy a replacement. Now the ride is improved but still not smooth.

Well, sorry to hear that.
I think a little tradeoff has to be made. There's so much more weight and mass being spun (and farther from the hub) to be balanced. If you know your tires are within spec of being round, then maybe ask to watch them balance the wheels.
I used to work tires and with a little older machines, I was kind of the go to guy to get the stubborn ones balanced. It's a lot more than just slapping the weight where the machine says, once you know it won't balance out. First step they should have done was spun the tire 90* on the rim and start there.
Also, you have to look at the cost of theses tires. I don't know what a "high end" tire would cost, but I'd bet it's a lot more than the ~250ish we're seeing these go for.
A lot of variables, but in the end I know that I'm not really ever going to find that perfectly smooth OEM ride I gave up to get the advantages of 37".

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snap some pictures guys when you get them on the truck.

Here's a pic of mine from this past weekend. Sorry, the rig was dusty from running trails up in the mountains.

Attachments

• DSC_0203.jpg
    DSC_0203.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 105

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Icon's are on mid perch equivalent. You have to do the usual pinch weld mod to make them work. Should be good from there as long as you're running stock offset wheels. I believe slowjoe is on mid as well.

slowjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone have 37 on mid perch if so hows the rubbing

Yes sir. As Bigg said, the mid perch, pinch welds are important and I have very, very little rubbing on the liners with stock offset wheels, even with airing it out as much as I'd be happy to, there's no issues I've had. Even with full lock turns.

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone have 37 on mid perch if so hows the rubbing

I'm on mid perch with stock beadlock capable wheels. No rubbing for me on or off road. The majority of my off road is up in the mountains. Not near the high speed jumping stuff some guys are doing. So I don't know if I'll ever get to a full compression bump like the desert running guys do.