Falken MT review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was actually only the first gen ones we had issues with. We received more out of round tires than we did true tires. We had some 285/70R17's asking for 18-24oz of weight depending on how the tire was positioned. The rest were ride complaints, probably due to the fact that sidewall was about 1.5" thick lol. We got to a point where we stopped ordering them all together. I'm glad everyone has been liking them though. I've always loved Falken car tires.

oh wow, thats pretty insane! I can believe it though on the higher load range tires. I use load range C so it's not as thick of a sidewall. 3 out of 4 of mine actually needed no weight at all to balance.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
oh wow, thats pretty insane! I can believe it though on the higher load range tires. I use load range C so it's not as thick of a sidewall. 3 out of 4 of mine actually needed no weight at all to balance.

You know, we probably didn't order very many that weren't E rated. I think they just tried to over build the first gen E rated tires. The super thick sidewalls were probably accountable for all the weight they'd ask for.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah that would explain it 100%

the one thing i wasnt 100% happy about with mine was that the outer tread part didnt have as deep of lugs as the center. so the outer part of the tire was now a smooth surface while the inside tread still had some depth to it. But they've fixed that on the newer gen AT

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gonna pop in and add after running the Falken mt in size 35x12.50x15 for around a year now, I still love them. I've run several kinds of MT on my truck, and have experience with other brands as well on my brothers truck, the falkens are just the best I've experienced.

To the post above me asking about width, my 12.5 wide are the same width as other 12.5 tires. They're not narrower.

Tomilton

Reaction score
Gonna pop in and add after running the Falken mt in size 35x12.50x15 for around a year now, I still love them. I've run several kinds of MT on my truck, and have experience with other brands as well on my brothers truck, the falkens are just the best I've experienced.

To the post above me asking about width, my 12.5 wide are the same width as other 12.5 tires. They're not narrower.

The side lugs appear to not be as squared off, looks to me like actual tread width isn’t as wide as some other m/t’s. I’m just wondering if they might not rub as badly as say a nitto trail grappler or Toyo mt in a 37x12.5. I want to run a 37 but don’t want to get aftermarket fenders or upgrade suspension or hack the shit out of my truck.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dunno what to tell you. I've run Toyo, Hankook, and my brother has Cooper's. All were 12.5" wide, and all measure the same width give or take 1/4" (1/8" both sides)

37's may be different but I doubt it.

210Raptor

Reaction score
Falken MTs FTW

I will also add that ive been running the Falken MTs for over a year now with about a 1000 miles offroad and have been extremely satisfied. They work well in mud, take the abuse of rocks, and still handle great on the road. I was quite surprised on how well they gripped on wet roads. Especially compared to my old BFGs which were dangerously slick. Can not recommend these tires enough!