Falken AT3W

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They wear like iron, winter traction is amazing. Still heavy SOB’s so you take a hit on acceleration and more noticeably on braking. I’m mostly a desert guy so once I’m sick of them (doubt I’ll wear them out before then) I’ll be changing to something lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i never noticed a weight difference when i ran them. they also lasted 100 miles more than my ko2. got 450miles on them. and are about $100 cheaper than the ko2. i did like them better than the ko2 though
Any updates?
I am on the look for new tires and thats the only thing holding me back, the extra weight, on these falkens. I have read only good things, but no one mentions the extra weight?

GEAngulo09

Reaction score
They wear like iron, winter traction is amazing. Still heavy SOB’s so you take a hit on acceleration and more noticeably on braking. I’m mostly a desert guy so once I’m sick of them (doubt I’ll wear them out before then) I’ll be changing to something lighter.

Yea, thats one thing i read alot of people talking about when researching under the tires thread, so that was my only concern since its my daily driver and i was afraid of loosing acceleration and MPGs of course since they are about 7 to 8 lbs over stock each tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GEAngulo09

Reaction score
i never noticed a weight difference when i ran them. they also lasted 100 miles more than my ko2. got 450miles on them. and are about $100 cheaper than the ko2. i did like them better than the ko2 though

I see, yea because i kept on reading about the weight difference on tire thread and how it affected the accelaration and rotation per hr/min. Do you daily drive it? And you didnt feel difference off-roading or on streets?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see, yea because i kept on reading about the weight difference on tire thread and how it affected the accelaration and rotation per hr/min. Do you daily drive it? And you didnt feel difference off-roading or on streets?
i have 197k on my truck. i do daily drive it, as well as attend several offroad events. i have had 4 sets of falken wildpeaks on it. i use a different tire now, but for the average person the wildpeaks (my personal opinion) is a better tire than the ko2. i did not feel any difference with the weight, however i was not on a drag strip either. they feel like a harder compound compared to the ko2. which has its pros and cons, but when drifting turns at 100mph the tire felt better. when i was testing tires for a tire manufacturer, the ko2 got 350 miles on it before i was down to 3/32 tread. basically bald. and i felt it then. huge difference drifting around turns. i was sliding too early, and sliding too long. now every tire does this, but felt more pronounced with the ko2. the at3w, i think because of the harder compound on dirt, i had a little more control. im guessing the dirt didnt stick to my tire as much? im not a tire expert, just a history of tire burning so i dont know the exact reasons why. i just know by feel. they dont chunk as bad as the ko2 either. if these two were my only choice, i would put the falkens on any day over the ko2

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I like the Falkens, had my first set on my 2011 Gen1, now the AT3 on the Gen2, have 25k miles on them and look about half worn. BFGs lasted 22K worn out.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My AT3's are at roughly 10-11/32's with 20k plus on them. Not much time in the dirt with them. I'll agree, better than BFG in every way except weight.