Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Falken AT3W

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]' started by Guy, Sep 16, 2017.

Sponsored By: Texas Motorworx
  1. Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Still loving mine. Wearing extremely well. Just got 4-6" of snow last night and they still handle great after 2 years of wear (15-17k).
    at3w.JPEG

2. Hasty

Hasty Full Access Member

Did you guys notice the difference in weight coming from KO2s? I really don’t know if a 7-8lb difference will be noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Pacific Wheel

Not really. I'm sure there is a difference considering 7-8lbs makes for a substantial amount of unsprung weight but didn't notice a difference measured by the butt dyno lol.

Depending on what wheels you're running there are a handful of options lighter than stock that we can offer.

4. TallSkinnyMatt

TallSkinnyMatt Member

I've heard vey good things about the AT3W and was my second choice. I opted for the MT, but if they end up being too aggressive for me, I'll for sure go with the AT3W.

5. Hasty

Hasty Full Access Member

Pulled the trigger on AT3W’s, have mixed feelings as of now but I’m early in.

Pro’s: Deep Treadblocks, slightly larger than KO2’s @ 315/70/70 (34.6” vs 34.4”), quiet, like the different look, alleged better tread life

Con’s: I can feel the extra tire weight on accel/decel but mostly under braking, off-road performance in desert terrain seems less than KO2’s in sand and side bite when drifting.

I’ll update after I get some more saddle time with these shoes.

57506156701__9882B037-25D4-4226-8CE4-859B12E43AD1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. 500mag

500mag FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with you about the KO2s in sand - they are the best I've ever had in sand, and I've had a lot of ATs on 6 different PUs. That said, I wouldn't buy them again, after getting stuck in the hunting field in the mud. I only run mudders now - it's embarrassing having to get your new Fx4 pulled out by an old beater with mudders, LOL.

7. 500mag

500mag FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

FYI, the Duratracs are also mountain/snowflake rated and fairly good in the mud also - had them on a 2010 F-150.

8. Pacific Wheel

@Hasty I feel ya on the sand. I think the deeper tread depth in combination with the lugs being more widespread are to account for.