Fake engine noise/Active noise control aftermarket subwoofer forscan fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mikestan21

Reaction score
No, but I have a non-B&O, base model system. I think they used locpro advanced t harness.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all the ones i have worked on, had the b&o system it doesnt sound like the fake engine noise becase the harder you mash the gas, the more the noise enters into the cab. you said it goes away at higher rpm. as far as anc, thats usually a different resulting sound. how is they system wired?

OP
OP
M

mikestan21

Reaction score
It sounds like it goes away but it might just be overtaken by the engine and real exhaust sound at higher rpm. Each amp has its own 2 guage line to the battery. The signal goes from the head unit into the vxi amp then out to everywhere else from there

OP
OP
M

mikestan21

Reaction score
It is odd that if I turn the gain down on the bass control knob, the noise disappears. I wouldn't think the fake engine noise is limited to low frequency.

OP
OP
M

mikestan21

Reaction score
Okay, appreciate the help. If the Forscan fake engine noise disable doesn't work I'll take it back to the installer shop and suggest what you mentioned.

OP
OP
M

mikestan21

Reaction score
Figured it out in forscan via the ACM module.

727-01-01 xxxx xxxx x*-- 0 = ANCM Disabled • ANCM Disabled • ANCM Disabled

This got rid of the low frequency fake engine noise/active noise control I was hearing through my aftermarket sub.