Fake BLM Signs- A disturbing trend.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RockArt

Reaction score
Hi MarkT,

I'm an employee of Rockart Signs and Markers and just wanted to let everyone know that we do not sell signs and/or decals that have a USFS, NPS, BLM, etc., basically any official government logo to individuals. The reason our signs look real is because they are real.

We recently had to turn down a sign collector (having collected thousands of signs over the years) when he requested a sign with one of these logos on it. On very rare occasion an individual can purchase a sign or decal with one of these logos, but they must get written permission from the appropriate agency before we will sell it to them.

By the way, we get very few individuals asking to buy anything like that - less than a handful a year. If they were to buy 10 to 15 signs between all of them that would be a lot. So you see we don't even have a monetary incentive to do this. Besides the owner of our company is an avid four-wheeler (Jeep) and regularly fights off-road closures by responding to the agencies' proposed closures. He also has been instrumental in the development of the Great Western Trail - a unique corridor of braided and paralleling trails for both motorized and non-motorized users, traversing 4,455 miles through Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.

If you still want to get that guy in trouble that's putting the BLM signs up, in addition to reporting him to the BLM, I suggest contacting Dave Wolfe at http://www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/Sign_Center.html. According to the BLM and Dave, no unauthorized party is allowed to copy / reproduce any of the BLM logos. We'd be happy to talk with any of you, too. Just go to our web site for the contact info:Contact Information: ROCKART SIGNS AND MARKERS.

I hope this helps and clears things up. A. Rite (Rockart)

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome RockArt! Great first post, and thanks very much for the good info. This thread is over a year old, but the issue is no less relevant today so I appreciate you addressing it.

OP
OP
MarkT

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi MarkT,

I'm an employee of Rockart Signs and Markers and just wanted to let everyone know that we do not sell signs and/or decals that have a USFS, NPS, BLM, etc., basically any official government logo to individuals. The reason our signs look real is because they are real.

We recently had to turn down a sign collector (having collected thousands of signs over the years) when he requested a sign with one of these logos on it. On very rare occasion an individual can purchase a sign or decal with one of these logos, but they must get written permission from the appropriate agency before we will sell it to them.

By the way, we get very few individuals asking to buy anything like that - less than a handful a year. If they were to buy 10 to 15 signs between all of them that would be a lot. So you see we don't even have a monetary incentive to do this. Besides the owner of our company is an avid four-wheeler (Jeep) and regularly fights off-road closures by responding to the agencies' proposed closures. He also has been instrumental in the development of the Great Western Trail - a unique corridor of braided and paralleling trails for both motorized and non-motorized users, traversing 4,455 miles through Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.

If you still want to get that guy in trouble that's putting the BLM signs up, in addition to reporting him to the BLM, I suggest contacting Dave Wolfe at http://www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/Sign_Center.html. According to the BLM and Dave, no unauthorized party is allowed to copy / reproduce any of the BLM logos. We'd be happy to talk with any of you, too. Just go to our web site for the contact info:Contact Information: ROCKART SIGNS AND MARKERS.

I hope this helps and clears things up. A. Rite (Rockart)

Thank you for responding and clearing this up! I don't know the exact details of what happened to the guy but a friend told me that the BLM said they would look into it and that any "fake" signs would be removed.

I'm not sure how your site got brought into this... I was sent the link with the report and I don't recall seeing any restrictions on who you sell to. Good to know that the sales are restricted!

I will try to delete my original post and I think your answer should be moved to the top if possible... my apologies for helping spread this misinformation.

Mark