Fair Drag Race..Finally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! Aka “poverty spec truck”

I actually remember when driving a $50k truck was as expensive as one could get in a truck.
Don't remember the year but hearing about a $70k F150 Limited blew my mind. Based on current costs that may have been back in the early 2000's, ha!

ScottOz

Reaction score
Finally a fair drag between these two Super Trucks. In this race the TRX is on 37’s.

If you are going to make them equal with tires shouldn’t you also add 500 pounds in the Raptors box??? You can’t tell me weight doesn’t factor into a race, just like tires!

OP
OP
FoxNotch

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to make them equal with tires shouldn’t you also add 500 pounds in the Raptors box??? You can’t tell me weight doesn’t factor into a race, just like tires!
Yeah I totally agree about the tires and the TRX already out weighs the Raptor. I guess they figured it looked cooler than what it was worth in weight.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switching to Sport mode on my 21 Platinum puts it in 4A. Do you have the Off-Road package?
Interesting. Raptor doesn’t have off road pkg option. Are you on powerboost? That one has more low end torque so it may need 4A to launch. Although 3.5 HO EB on Raptor also exceeds rear tires grip when launch. For R, even 30% throttle will spin the rear when launch.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And some of us remember when you couldn't spend as much as $5k on a new pickup ....
Heck, when I was a kid in the 60s, I‘d get 2 slices of excellent pizza and a soda for 60 cents, a roast beef hero for a buck, and my dad would fill his checker cab at 30 cents a gallon.