Failed Tune Install - Truck Won't Start

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Jeff-Ohio, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Guy

Guy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Everything I read...

Other ecoboosts... etc...

HPTUNERS professional tuning suite includee with it
    A recovery tune feature for these instances.

I’ve read a fair number of other people who did the same thing as Jeff and after a recovery tune was installed were right back in the saddle.

I’m guessing this isn’t the first or last instance of MPT having this panic call, and as long as he only corrupted his PCM install it should be easily fixable.

For the record... when I tune... I kill everything inside and outside the truck...: lights, radio, HVAC... and I hook up a trickle charger just to be safe.

I’ve flashed my truck probably 30 times this summer from 5 star and now MPT without issue.

MTF likes this.
  2. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

I also forgot to add!!!
    Over the past 5 years it was always a hit or miss just switching Tunes from one to another.

When I switch Tunes, I always go back to stock first before loading another Tune.

3. Smokeshow60

Smokeshow60 SgtMajor of the MemeCorps Supporting Member

Any update? You mentioned you may have some confusion about what was your stock file. Make sure your loading the file that was returned to you probably at the same time that you got your tunes in an email. However mpt usually sends this file in a separate email due to file size. It would be labeled stock file and ending in .enc. that stock tune file is then transferred to the sd card into the tunes folder. Make sure this is the file you're trying to flash. NOT the other stock file on the card which is the one you sent them in the beginning. P.S I'm in the Cincinnati area so if your close let me know if I can help in any way.

4. Ckhris

Ckhris Full Access Member

I went thru the exact same thing last week on my Ngauge and MPT. Only thing I can think of that happened is the keyfob was in my pocket when I stepped out of the truck, but I cant say for sure that was it.
    Anyway, MPT will get you fixed up with a recovery stock tune. They had me up and running before noon on Friday. They will need to remote access your PC and they will do whats needed with the tuner plugged in. What takes time is for them to write a stock tune, they will need your original tune that you sent them is it. Dont let it worry you, its not that big of a deal... just a little time consuming.

Micha likes this.
  5. Guy

I believe he got the issue resolved.

6. Smokeshow60

Smokeshow60 SgtMajor of the MemeCorps Supporting Member

Nice to see you updated his thread for him..

cobra281 and Mcnawsty like this.
  7. CFIT

CFIT Full Access Member

Hope the OP comes back with an update. It would be nice to know how this all played out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Guy

I sent him a private message.

He didn’t elaborate. I was hoping to get more info too in the event it ever happened to me.

Hopefully he will pop back on and post a followup.

9. nikhsub1

nikhsub1 Full Access Member

My guess is he bricked his ECM...

10. Guy

Except he didn’t and his truck is running fine now.

We have had private conversations. What I don’t know is what the procedure was for restoring his tune.