Faded trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Will this be fine on the hood vent and around the doors trim. Painters Tape work good for taping off?
Yep works great on anything black plastic. It’s very forgiving when applying. You can actually wipe it right off the paint when it’s still wet.

Reaction score
If you are having issues with the trim on the truck in areas like the lower grill, bed rails, hood, etc, etc.

Just take it to your dealer and they will replace them under the warranty. It might take a few days or weeks depending on what they have in their shelves.

Mine started to fade off after the first year under the Florida sun and the local dealer in Tampa took care of me. Now I use Griots Garage products for plastic and trim and it works pretty well for me.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d have to think the plastic trim on a ‘20 should still be looking rather new. Unless the truck was abused some how or a lousy or the wrong product was used on the trim. Take it to the dealer and see if they just find it to be defective first. All these plastic parts will fade eventually and to some degree in the elements. But the plastic should look really good for at least the first few years. Even a good spray on ceramic coating helps to allow water to run off them. Water and sun both bad.

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they won't replace them I used the Cerakote trim wipes (can get em on amazon) on the plastics on my 2012 and very happy with the results. My truck sits outside 24/7 in the Florida sun and goes through the auto scratch wash at least once a week. I did mine 3-4 months ago and still looks like new. I was lazy, I did not scrub it all down with simple green or anything either, just wiped the dust/dirt off and used the wipes. I think it took 6-7 wipes on my truck