Factory Tonneau Cover Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTFrisco

Reaction score
I ordered my 22 Raptor with the factory hard folding tonneau cover. Three months in and it's crooked. Additionally, the rubber stripping on the driver side is popping loose. Anyone else having similar issues? Yeah, I know... warranty issue. However it's a PITA taking the truck in, only to have a tech bang on the rubber and jerk the cover back into position. You know they won't replace it "due to supply chain issues". Just wondering if I'm alone in this.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 22 Raptor with the factory hard folding tonneau cover. Three months in and it's crooked. Additionally, the rubber stripping on the driver side is popping loose. Anyone else having similar issues? Yeah, I know... warranty issue. However it's a PITA taking the truck in, only to have a tech bang on the rubber and jerk the cover back into position. You know they won't replace it "due to supply chain issues". Just wondering if I'm alone in this.
Do you have the between the rails tonneau or the above rail? We have the former, and haven't had a problem. Maybe emailing Ford Protect with ohotos and demand a exchange?

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my 2022 with the factory tonneau cover. If I had to do it over again, I would purchase aftermarket. Just not impressed with the overall quality.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know they won't replace it "due to supply chain issues".
Seems like tonneau cover issues are almost always related to the installation, so I wouldn't expect them to replace it either. That goes double if these are dealer installed.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Well, if you want to adjust it yourself, post a couple pics of what you have. You will surely get the advice you need to get it done. I feel the "crooked" issue will be very easy to fix. The weather stipping on the other hand could be an issue.