Factory testing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkarlin27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what they do on the test drives at the factory? Mine had 30 miles on it and I got there right after it came off the truck. Mine came with a decent about of splatter from what looks like dirt road/gravel and was just wondering what they did for the testing.
I envision washboards, hills, and whoops

:)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Mine had over 100 miles, right off the delivery truck, she was held for 2nd round of QA before delivery. Honestly, it should be almost 100% street miles though.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Straight from factory it should have <10 miles on it. They do a little test drive when it leaves the production line then they drive it to the rail head to be loaded. I was told by a friend who works at the rail head here in Oregon that the guys unloading vehicles when they arrive like to drive em around. They aren't supposed to but they do it any way. SPeciality vehicles like the Raptor are a favorite. Keep in mind this is totally hearsay from "a friend who knows a guy" sort of thing but if you have mystery miles it's a good bet thats where it happened.

Lobzila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got mine direct from the factory it had 32 miles on it. I ordered it and picked it up the same day it arrived at the dealership.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My April 2019, 2019 was delivered to dealer with 32.6 miles with lots of dust dirt and grime from factory to pa. So go figure

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who knows what the parking lot at rail yards might look like too when transferred from rail to delivery truck

matt f

Reaction score
I ordered mine with a the spray in bed liner. I remember being told by the guy at the ford performance call center told me that they send them to an off site facility for the bed liner. Mine had 30 something miles and I chalked it up to that