Factory sound system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty good stock. The only part lacking is the sub. Not bad, and definitely the best stock system I've ever heard but not good enough for me.

I want a system that will really thump but be covert. I'm thinking a high quality 10 under the seat and mounting the amp somewhere else. I really don't wanna lose the middle section under the seat for storage. What do y'all recommend.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im thoroughly happy with the stock sound system did birdmans tweek right awya ....thank you btw senior bird ...an have been very pleased i dont like the bass thumping so loud you cant hear anything other then thump thump thump thump thats just me...i think its a very nice stock sound system clear an loud

moteaux

Reaction score
So.... what are the "birdman" tweaks??

I am disappointed with my Sony system and trying to get it to sound better before I spend money trying to upgrade.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So.... what are the "birdman" tweaks??

I am disappointed with my Sony system and trying to get it to sound better before I spend money trying to upgrade.

Move the fade up about 3 or 4 clicks and turn the scv up to about 6. It will sound much better.

moteaux

Reaction score
I had turned the SCV up, and you're right it helped. When I leave the office today, I will try the fade as your recommended.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Randy

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but to me the audio quality of Sony/Nav system gets a failing grade...However, I am in the high-end home audio industry so I may be a bit more critical than most. At any rate my 12' Scab is being put back together as I type this using McIntosh amps (6ch & mono for sub), JL C5 series speakers, a Morel sub mounted in an MTX fiberglass box that fits perfectly under the rear passenger seat, an audio control lc8i interface and lots of sound damping material...First major mod and can't wait till to get back behind the wheel!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let me know how it sounds. sounds like a good project. i was at the audio control factory in washington recently they gave me the grand tour up there. they got some cool stuff there. why not use mcintosh, or focal speakers? sure the JL will play cleaner at loud volume but with a morel sub and a mcintosh amp it seems you like quality over volume. what kind of head unit are you using?

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me know how it sounds. sounds like a good project. i was at the audio control factory in washington recently they gave me the grand tour up there. they got some cool stuff there. why not use mcintosh, or focal speakers? sure the JL will play cleaner at loud volume but with a morel sub and a mcintosh amp it seems you like quality over volume. what kind of head unit are you using?

I am keeping the Sony/Nav head unit, could improve the sound quite a bit using an aftermarket head unit but wanted everything to look factory. The JL 5's are made in Germany and are really very smooth sounding-especially using the McIntosh amps... plus I am a JL home audio dealer. Can't go wrong with the Focal's or Morel's either-both outstanding, the Mac speakers would not fit without mods and I wanted to be able to return to stock if/when I trade. JL has a new stealth box they are working on that will fit Scab's but got tired of waiting...Will post my review after I pick her up tomorrow!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am keeping the Sony/Nav head unit, could improve the sound quite a bit using an aftermarket head unit but wanted everything to look factory. The JL 5's are made in Germany and are really very smooth sounding-especially using the McIntosh amps... plus I am a JL home audio dealer. Can't go wrong with the Focal's or Morel's either-both outstanding, the Mac speakers would not fit without mods and I wanted to be able to return to stock if/when I trade. JL has a new stealth box they are working on that will fit Scab's but got tired of waiting...Will post my review after I pick her up tomorrow!
i have the c5s in my subaru i like them a lot. where i work, we are a JL mobile audio dealer. im guessing we probably paid the same price for those speakers. gotta love employee accomodation purchases huh? what kind of summing device are you using?