Factory Radio won't pull up all SiriusXM channels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed the factory radio in my truck won't pull up all of the Sirius channels. The highest number channel it will pull up is 219. It kind of ****** me off that I'm effectively paying for channels that I'm not getting. Also, in my opinion the only channel worth listening to on Sirius is Yacht Rock Radio which is channel 311. Our other cars (all are on the same Sirius plan/package) pull up this channel with the factory radio, don't understand why this truck will not. I've tried the "direct tune" option and it won't pull up the higher numbered channels either.

Is anyone else experiencing the same? I guess my question is whether there is something wrong with the truck or is this just how the radio is programmed by Ford.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed the factory radio in my truck won't pull up all of the Sirius channels. The highest number channel it will pull up is 219. It kind of ****** me off that I'm effectively paying for channels that I'm not getting. Also, in my opinion the only channel worth listening to on Sirius is Yacht Rock Radio which is channel 311. Our other cars (all are on the same Sirius plan/package) pull up this channel with the factory radio, don't understand why this truck will not. I've tried the "direct tune" option and it won't pull up the higher numbered channels either.

Is anyone else experiencing the same? I guess my question is whether there is something wrong with the truck or is this just how the radio is programmed by Ford.

I'm guessing you have a 17 or 18? Those years just had Sirius, whereas 19+ received SiriusXM which allowed the upper channels as well as mixed presets etc.. You may be able to switch to a newer ACM and program it to work, but it will take some Forscan work. Maybe search the F150 forums and see if anyone else has made the swap

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
As a workaround, you can use CarPlay / Sirius(XM) app and stream whatever channel you want.
My wife makes me listen to Yacht rock when I misbehave, so I’m familiar. ;)

I like the live performance channel, 3 something or other and my Rap radio doesn’t get it either, 2017.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you have a 17 or 18? Those years just had Sirius, whereas 19+ received SiriusXM which allowed the upper channels as well as mixed presets etc.. You may be able to switch to a newer ACM and program it to work, but it will take some Forscan work. Maybe search the F150 forums and see if anyone else has made the swap
ACM?
What is that please?

Asinine

Reaction score
TIL there are 100 more SiriusXM channels that I’m not able to listen to :smh:

If anyone figures out the mod to receive them, I’m all in.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
As a workaround, you can use CarPlay / Sirius(XM) app and stream whatever channel you want.

I like the live performance channel, 3 something or other and my Rap radio doesn’t get it either, 2017.

LOL. I love me some Yacht Rock. Guilty pleasure. i had it on my last Ram radio, I miss it, don't tell anyone.

"The only 'Logins' you need is Kenny."

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Doesn't Sirius charge extra for the phone app/access?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score

and bonus...the sirius XM app is 320kb....where the satellite stream is 160kb.

you can notice the difference even on a stock system....much more on a custom system. You just have to have a cell phone data plan that wont go nuts on your bill streaming all that. music.