Factory Fog Light Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think the folks here are probably just wondering why you'd go far as trying to add a foglight switch when we already have SIX in our truck that already serves that purpose. I know you want to try to be as OEM as possible but that's exactly the reason why it's there I guess. I'd understand if you were trying to add foglights as that actually looked OEM as opposed to all the aftermarket lights available.

Every state is different, but factory fogs only work with the low beams, and at least common to mid atlantic jurisdictions; you can have no more than 4 main lights illuminated - I forget the term of art they use to describe this, if the lights are visible they have to work or be covered with a permanent cover and for fogs / driving lights, they must come on and remain on only with the low beam and go off with the high beams, and they do flunk vehicle inspections for this. But, even if you have a ‘life of the vehicle’ inspection, it’s one less reason for a road side fishing expedition. If the factory switch activates the fog/driving lights properly, it’s a darn good reason to use that switch as opposed to the 6 up-fitter switches.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And this is why we stock Baja Designs S2 and Squadron covers :) For those states that fail people if they have lights on the front of their truck that are not covered.

But yeah in most states you can only have four (4) forward facing lights. This is why on the 13th Gen F150s when you put your highs on, the fogs turn off automatically, because you now have 4 forward facing lights on with the highs.

The Raptors do not have fogs, therefore no fog button, so now anything added needs to be covered in those states that fail ya.