Factory Fog Light Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atomic80

Reaction score
I was just looking for factory-like operation. This forum seems to try to eat everyone.

Now if you'll excuse me, I got some mud on my truck going through a puddle, so I need to wash my truck and go get a Grande white chocolate mocha.

I think the folks here are probably just wondering why you'd go far as trying to add a foglight switch when we already have SIX in our truck that already serves that purpose. I know you want to try to be as OEM as possible but that's exactly the reason why it's there I guess. I'd understand if you were trying to add foglights as that actually looked OEM as opposed to all the aftermarket lights available.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the folks here are probably just wondering why you'd go far as trying to add a foglight switch when we already have SIX in our truck that already serves that purpose. I know you want to try to be as OEM as possible but that's exactly the reason why it's there I guess. I'd understand if you were trying to add foglights as that actually looked OEM as opposed to all the aftermarket lights available.

Even with 6 switches you're going to find that you run out real quick when the mods start. I'm out and I have 8.

I'll say it again. D2s on an OEM fog switch is one of my favorite mods. It's not a far reach from the wheel and there's no question about which lights you're going to turn on/off.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you want to add a switch that didn't come with the truck so you can add fog lights that didn't come with the truck? :crazy:

And by fog lights you mean adding lights in the bumper openings (since there aren't any fog light openings in the bumper)?

Here is yet another newly released kit for the fog pockets...

https://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/41611

This one can be purchased in a package that comes with a DOT legal pair of fog lights. Those would be ideal to hook up to an OEM fog light switch.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f265/new-product-release-rigid-gen2-lighting-kits-59158/

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone been able to replace our fog light switch with a factory fog light switch and have it work the fog lights, the same as a factory configuration would work? Was it hard to do? Where did you get the switch?

Thanks,
Josh

I don't think it will work - I tried to "re-use" some non Raptor OEM switches for hidden functions, and although I didn't try with the light switch, the other 3 switches I tried all could not be repurposed due to how Ford has designed the rear connector.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well there is no fog light switch on the Gen2 Raptors...

There are 6 upfitters on the Gen2 Raptors that you can do things with.

If you want to install fogs you can utilize those upfitters and go with our SPP Triple Fog Light Kit

Our SPP Triple Fog Light Kits include everything you need in 1 easy to install kit.

-Stainless Steel Brackets made right here in America. Designed by a Roush dealer to serve a purpose (a high quality adjustable bracket)
-3 Pairs of Lights of your choosing so that you get the best bang for your buck
-A custom-made, Raptor specific all-in-one wiring harness to make things real quick and easy on the installation side
-All the nuts/bolts/instructions you need to get this bolt-on kit installed in no-time.

Plus we're always at your disposal to offer tips/tricks and assistance.

You can settle for other fog kits that have cheap brackets that bend at the mounting locations. OR you can grab this kit with some of the most sturdy, adjustable brackets on the market. We're also letting you choose all 3 pairs of lights, so we're not locking you into a light you're stuck with.

Not sure what lenses to go with? Well let us help you pick, and if you go with the Baja Designs lights you can always change them out later on... WITHOUT removing the lights/brackets. Our kits let you change your lenses quick and easy. You don't have to disconnect any wires, remove any brackets or remove the lights. Can't beat that.

Available here with your choice of Baja Designs or Rigid Industries lights (you can also grab the brackets/wiring harness and use whatever lights you like)

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/specialty-performance-parts/

69442562_2420613564894892_1674651394168061952_n.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did we really go 2 years and this was the first time someone said that? I didn't read ALL of the comments but I'd like to think someone would have chimed in by now?