Factory BFG 37s Load Range C?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CptMorgan

Reaction score
The Gen 2 trucks have special soft BFG load range "C" tires (made only for the Raptor?). I like the soft tire better than the stiffer 35" D and E tires I was running on my Gen 1. (personal preference)

I'm wondering if Ford will use off-the-shelf BFG 37s, or go with a custom softer tire like the Gen 2s.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Answered my own question. New Raptor tires are Load Range "C"...and they fit on my 2019 nicely and look great!

View attachment 180050

View attachment 180051

I know I’ll catch a load of crap for this but really considering going with the 37 performance package. Just concerned it’s going to feel not as fast as well I don’t want to get 12 MPGs. Have you check your MPGs since installing these? How has it felt as far as get up and go since you made the switch?

OP
OP
CptMorgan

CptMorgan

Reaction score
I haven’t looked at the MPG. The truck feels taller. A hair less sporty on the street. Road noise is negligible on the highway. They run just as quiet as the original tires. Totally balanced. Unreal smooth for such a huge tire.

Off the road, they feel great. Had it up to speed on the fresh cut hay field yesterday and off the ground. No regrets.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it fit up under on the spare between frame and exhaust?? Do you have a lift? Stock height?
Cheers

OP
OP
CptMorgan

CptMorgan

Reaction score
1-1/2” icon in the front. 1” Deavers HD lift in the back. But I’m carrying a crap ton of weight front and back.

I doubt a spare 37 will fit inflated. Original spare is fine for me.

4x4ready

Reaction score
I know I’ll catch a load of crap for this but really considering going with the 37 performance package. Just concerned it’s going to feel not as fast as well I don’t want to get 12 MPGs. Have you check your MPGs since installing these? How has it felt as far as get up and go since you made the switch?

No change in mpg on my gen3 35 raptor w/ 37 load C's. These tires are not the normal +10 lbs as with other tires when going 37. In fact my stock wheels w/ 35s were heavier and wider.