Factory BFG’s 35 Load Range E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just glad to hear you’re OK, OP.

I know a guy who was struck 66 times. In the head.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What tires?
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in 315/70R17. Join USAA bank and you can get Goodyears for 25% off. You don't need to be military to join the bank, only the insurance portion. My favorite tire, but may not be for everyone. They perform awesome in my environmental factors and look better, but they do have an increase in road noise over the KO2s. If I lived in a drier climate without snow, ice and rain, I'd probably stick with KO2s.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in 315/70R17. Join USAA bank and you can get Goodyears for 25% off. You don't need to be military to join the bank, only the insurance portion. My favorite tire, but may not be for everyone. They perform awesome in my environmental factors and look better, but they do have an increase in road noise over the KO2s. If I lived in a drier climate without snow, ice and rain, I'd probably stick with KO2s.
I ran those on my 2017 and ran a few sets of them (33x12.5x 15) on my 92 Bronco. They are very popular in this area because they are great in snow and we deal with that crap about 6 months per year. I'm still running the stock KO2s on my 2020 but they are getting low on tread. I have to make a decision pretty soon.

SAM_0711.JPG

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went from the original KOs to KO2s on my Gen1, I went to E rated. I could definitely tell the difference in the ride. When i went to true 35s' from the 315 70 17s, I didn't have a choice. I also run E rated 35s on my Jeep and can run 8 psi on the trail without worrying about pinching a sidewall or breaking the bead (non beadlocks). Plusses and minuses to either depending on how you use your truck. Drop 5 psi of pressure... you won't have any issues and the ride will feel like the Cs.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went from the original KOs to KO2s on my Gen1, I went to E rated. I could definitely tell the difference in the ride. When i went to true 35s' from the 315 70 17s, I didn't have a choice. I also run E rated 35s on my Jeep and can run 8 psi on the trail without worrying about pinching a sidewall or breaking the bead (non beadlocks). Plusses and minuses to either depending on how you use your truck. Drop 5 psi of pressure... you won't have any issues and the ride will feel like the Cs.
keep an eye out on sidewall temperatures when going on longer drives in the heat. The lower pressure will result in quite a bit more flex in this area.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep an eye out on sidewall temperatures when going on longer drives in the heat. The lower pressure will result in quite a bit more flex in this area.
Good tip. The Jeep is considerably lighter and a narrower rim so I run even lower pressure there. I have a temp gun for the sidewalls. We live a 7200' and don't deal with the high temps many of you do but I keep a really close eye on the Raptor when we travel and will run higher pressures on long trips.