Factory bedliner or aftermarket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm finalizing my order for a '19 SCREW and was wondering if you guys had it to do over would you do the factory liner or an aftermarket, like Line-X? I don't really care about cost differences, just which do you like more? I was just reading another thread in here and there were definitely some differing opinions on the factory and I didn't want to thread-jack. Thanks in advance.

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen 1 didn’t have a bed liner when I bought it new in 2011. I had a lineX installed. I liked the lineX. Was only $450 I think. Only thing that sucked is losing the truck for the day and it not being factory warranted.

My 18’ came with factory bed liner and I like it also. Especially since I don’t have to send it off for a day. It’s already done. Also, if there are any issues, it’s covered under factory warranty. For me I like the factory coverage because if LineX by some miracle chance ruins something, bed lights, some threads, or anything, LineX won’t cover any of that. They will just cover any defects in the spray in bed liner. With the factory one, if anything goes wrong the factory warranty will cover it.

Also, before the world starts commenting, this idea isn’t too far fetched. My buddy bought a brand new 18’ 2500 Megacab from Redlands Dodge. He had the spray in bed liner from LineX installed in Upland. His factory bed lights stopped working. He took it back to Redlands Dodge to look at the lights. Dodge said the leads to the lights were ruined when they were removed. They wouldn’t cover the lights. He hit up lineX and they said the lights were fine. So he ended up paying out of pocket for Dodge to replace the lights.....

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory. It will delay delivery about 1 week

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've opted for aftermarket on my last two trucks (f350 platinum and now the raptor)

The factory bed liner is fairly standard stuff. It'll work just fine for the average user. In my opinion, i opted for aftermarket because you can get a premium liner (UV resistance, thickness, etc) for about the same price you'll pay for factory. The factory spray in is nothing fancy.

Also, dont have the dealer spray it. They'll bring out a mobile guy. You want it done in a shop.

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had linex on my gen 1. Got the factory on my gen 2. If I ordered another truck, I’d go with linex. It was thicker and rougher for less sliding. Depends on how much you use your truck as a truck too.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had factory on my 2013 and 2019 and it is fine. I use a rubber bed mat in both and also tonneau cover. My 2013 bed liner still looks brand new. I think linex is overated.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory. It will delay delivery about 1 week

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Disagree with the delay of one week for the factory liner. The common opinion is the bedliner adds an extra 1-2 days to build, but no more.

For example, my truck was built and delivered to me in six days. So obviously the bedliner didn't delay delivery by seven days, ha.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a line-x in my King Ranch and the Factory in my Raptor. I like the factory a little more since it is not as rough as the Line-x. I have a MX4 bed cover, so sometimes I would just crawl in the bed of the truck to grab things, and that damn Line-x was super rough. The factory, while textured, is just not as rough. You could argue the other way and say the rougher line-x will hold things better, so I guess it's a trade off. FWIW I find the factory holds just fine.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a line-x in my King Ranch and the Factory in my Raptor. I like the factory a little more since it is not as rough as the Line-x. I have a MX4 bed cover, so sometimes I would just crawl in the bed of the truck to grab things, and that damn Line-x was super rough. The factory, while textured, is just not as rough. You could argue the other way and say the rougher line-x will hold things better, so I guess it's a trade off. FWIW I find the factory holds just fine.

I've never had anything other than the factory bedliner, though I will say you'll get cargo sliding around. I had one of these in my 2016 F150, and threw it in the Raptor once I moved up. I haven't had any problems with cargo shifting in the 3.5 years I've had it, and it's easily removed when needed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OLVGGZM/?tag=fordraptorforum-20