Factory Beadlock Wheels, Painted or Powder Coated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis B

Reaction score
I want to continue using Meguiars "Hot Wheel and Tire Cleaner" and it specifically says not to use on powder coated wheels, so my question is simply whether the factory beadlock wheels on my 2020 are painted or powdercoated. I called 11 dealerships and Ford directly and no one could tell me. I also checked with a company that sells replacement factory beadlock rings and he assured me they are painted, but before I destroy my wheels based on his information I would like to confirm this. Thanks a lot if anyone knows.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
They look painted to me. If your unsure, there's other cleaners that work good as well. Meguiar's Wheel Brightener works good on my Icon Wheels and no issues.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use soap and water after I hit the tires with @AdamsPolishes tire and rubber cleaner. My truck doesn’t make much dust at all, no powerful cleaner needed.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case it matters, I just dropped mine off to be powder coated, and the shop told me the factory finish is powder coat and not paint

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've powder coated my own parts for a few years and I've accidently nicked the finish on one of my bead lock wheels. If the factory finish is powder coat it's the thinnest, cheapest powder coat I've ever seen. I'm more than certain it's paint.

Also, if you ever remove your beauty ring you'll see some areas where the paint is thin or nonexistent because the ring covers the area. Which means the wheels are painted at the factory with the rings installed. If they were powder coated you'd have faraday cages in these areas and no powder would ever get there and you'd have crazy inconsistent powder thickness at those gaps.