Fabtech 4" Suspension Lift Install Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man...pardon my language, but that is some "Mickey Mouse" crap!
..And how does adding that crazy tall rear block help?
Anybody taking a Raptor off road already knows the factory 2" block adds to the rear axle wrap up, so tell me why adding more block is going to help?
I've always hated Lift Kits...

D

Deleted member 12951

Did you see how you have to hack up the frame crossmember mounts? I feel sorry for the 2nd owner who wants to remove the lift kit and to find out the frame has been f*cked up. And a smaller skid plate, huh.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you see how you have to hack up the frame cross member mounts? I feel sorry for the 2nd owner who wants to remove the lift kit and to find out the frame has been f*cked up.
Oh yeah....That's the biggest sin, not being able reverse the damage and get it back to stock...all just to "look cool"...

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you all saying that everyone on this forum just bought the Raptor to go Baja/off-road racing.........
Well you kind of got me there...not racing, the Raptor is no race truck in spite of the stupid comments you read/hear in the reviews...but it can be a light pre-runner and really fun for general off road duty and this is where I stumbled a bit.
I stumbled because I've been in love with this truck since it came out in 2010 and because every truck I've owned has been set up for desert running I just assumed everyone viewed the Raptor as I did - one bad-ass truck to take to the desert!.....yeah well it seems I've been a little naive because now everything I've read and heard says only about 50% of Raptor owners actually take their Raptors off road....that caught me off guard for sure...
So now it appears people replace their wheels, tires, and install some funky lift kits...to do what?...crawl the Mall? how is a hard core off road guy supposed to respond to that?
(yes I know it's your truck and you get to whatever YOU want to do with it :) )
Sorry everyone for the long post...

Alex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you kind of got me there...not racing, the Raptor is no race truck in spite of the stupid comments you read/hear in the reviews...but it can be a light pre-runner and really fun for general off road duty and this is where I stumbled a bit.
I stumbled because I've been in love with this truck since it came out in 2010 and because every truck I've owned has been set up for desert running I just assumed everyone viewed the Raptor as I did - one bad-ass truck to take to the desert!.....yeah well it seems I've been a little naive because now everything I've read and heard says only about 50% of Raptor owners actually take their Raptors off road....that caught me off guard for sure...
So now it appears people replace their wheels, tires, and install some funky lift kits...to do what?...crawl the Mall? how is a hard core off road guy supposed to respond to that?
(yes I know it's your truck and you get to whatever YOU want to do with it :) )
Sorry everyone for the long post...
Hey Loufish. All good brother, to each is own. For sure the Raptor is a bad ass off-truck. I myself have had a Gen 1 2014 and now a Gen 2 2017, unfortunately I live in Northern Jersey and work in the city, I haven’t had a chance to go off roading but I know my truck is capable of doing it. I also like to have it looking good...mall crawler as they say