Fabtech 4 inch lift pros and cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience that the Fabtech kit by itself is not worth it. I started my lift with the Fabtech kit but within a few months started changing out every part to custom made parts since the kit is weak. A true lift done correctly will run you a lot more than just this basic lift. Be prepared to change out several components to have your truck driving like it should. IMO if I were to do it again I would just go with a SVC mid travel kit over the Fabtech lift.

Blackwidow95

Reaction score
I bought a rocky ridge that runs a 4inch fabtech with 37's. I usually mall crawl and take it to the Michigan sand dunes, where I wanted good ride but higher so I don't get hung up on the hills, so far I have been very pleased and didn't notice any ride quality issues over my last stock raptor. I did remove the rear leafs and the 5 inch block and bought a icon leaf pack. With running the leaf back with the add a leaf my truck sets same as it did before and now no lift block. It does ride slightly stiffer in the rear but I pull often so it does that way better with alot less sag.

If i was desert running it i probably wouldn't go with this option but this works for me.

BUGGOUT

Reaction score
So love the look of the 4 inch lift.

Anyone who has one or something similar installed let us know pros and cons on and off road.

Does it have a big difference in ride quality on the road/highway
So..... I have collars on front and heavy devers on rear. My son has an F150 Unlimited that we bought with a 4" lift already on it, about 40k miles. Already having front diff issues and others due to the lift. Just sayin.

Someone else posted yesterday about Devers, thinking they are way too expensive, worth every penny. I tow my JC 266 Tritoon better than my Gen 1 did! No... I don't tow a lot, just in the lake and out at the end of the season.

In addition, the Axel wrap that happens to every stock suspension Raptor when you put it to the floor, is completely eliminated! Game changer! Off road and on the highway, way better ride!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So..... I have collars on front and heavy devers on rear. My son has an F150 Unlimited that we bought with a 4" lift already on it, about 40k miles. Already having front diff issues and others due to the lift. Just sayin.

Someone else posted yesterday about Devers, thinking they are way too expensive, worth every penny. I tow my JC 266 Tritoon better than my Gen 1 did! No... I don't tow a lot, just in the lake and out at the end of the season.

In addition, the Axel wrap that happens to every stock suspension Raptor when you put it to the floor, is completely eliminated! Game changer! Off road and on the highway, way better ride!

What is an F-150 “Unlimited”?

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a rocky ridge that runs a 4inch fabtech with 37's. I usually mall crawl and take it to the Michigan sand dunes, where I wanted good ride but higher so I don't get hung up on the hills, so far I have been very pleased and didn't notice any ride quality issues over my last stock raptor. I did remove the rear leafs and the 5 inch block and bought a icon leaf pack. With running the leaf back with the add a leaf my truck sets same as it did before and now no lift block. It does ride slightly stiffer in the rear but I pull often so it does that way better with alot less sag.

If i was desert running it i probably wouldn't go with this option but this works for me.

That is what I meant, if you don't plan on going off-road the lift would be ok. I used mine to run oilfield lease roads and started breaking things quick. Ended up having to replace almost every component.

DentalDoc

Reaction score
I have a 2018 with a 4 inch Fabtech lift. I did elect to go with Deaver 4+ rear springs to eliminate any block in the back and the potential axle wrap. While doing so I had the Wimple Stage II kit installed along with a custom tune and Borla exhaust.. It is putting out 600 HP and I like the fact when I tow my boat that the rear doesn't sag. With the work by Karl Krohn at API racing here in Salt Lake City, this thing now flies. No loss of ride or off-road ability as far as I can tell and that is after having the Raptors course here in Utah and well as two trips to Moab. Perhaps things change, but after 6 months of lighting it up I have had zero problems.