F150 STOP SALE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just rolled around underneath mine for a good bit. I don't even see how the heat shielding could make contact unless it was entirely detached and hanging. It's a good 4-5" away from the driveshaft. Happy to report nothing on my end but sorry to hear others trucks are victim to this.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just rolled around underneath mine for a good bit. I don't even see how the heat shielding could make contact unless it was entirely detached and hanging. It's a good 4-5" away from the driveshaft. Happy to report nothing on my end but sorry to hear others trucks are victim to this.
I think thats the point. If it detaches, it will contact. It could detach from the lack of strong adhesive/ weak tab/ whatever insufficient choice they chose to attach that to the body with.

Another member in the other thread said he rolled under his, and it was pretty close to touching.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my VIN on the NHTSA recall checker, and didnt see one for mine, but mine is a canadian VIN.

Going to check under my truck and see if any issues.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since the truck hasn't been driven at all yet, i'm sure it won't need a new shaft...if anything they'll need to fix the way the shields are attached and that's it. worst case
Good point! Only driven onto the rail car and the truck to the lot.

wanna_b_03

Reaction score
Haven’t looked at the heat shields but they found a panel dangling and brake line rubbing on tire ‍♂️
I saw this on the Facebook group as well. . Crazy to think this isn't a recall if there are multiple trucks with brake lines rubbing on the tires.