F150 HUD Reviews/Experiences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am not affiliated with F150leds at all I just got an email about a sale on their site and saw they have a HUD for f150 on sale. Has anyone used this (especially offroading)
And how has held up to abuse. I used to have a HUD in my old car and sorta miss it but I am just curious. Tends to keep me more honest with my heavy foot lol.

https://www.f150leds.com/collection...eads-up-display-hud-windshield-display-system

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have one... but it is intriguing.

The display looks nice on the glass (in these photos)... but I’m not sure it would be as crisp in reality. My BMWs have HUDs and the glass itself has a reflective component to it right where the HUD projects. Without that, I’m not sure you would get such a bright and crisp display.

My other issue is the unit itself. Despite the product description suggesting it has an OEM appearance, I have to disagree... it’s too big, obtrusive, and clearly an aftermarket add on that is not well integrated.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one and love it. cant give off roading input but on road its great. I keep it on MPH and RPM but you can move little button in back and select bunch of other readings boost, volt, etc... just have to calibrate it as when i got to 50 mph the HUD was ready 53 mph other then that works great. it comes with calibration instructions then no issues after that

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like a nice product BUT if you run a tune and need the OBD port then you will have to unplug this. Would be nice if cars could come with multiple input/output ports for accessories like this one.

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have one... but it is intriguing.

The display looks nice on the glass (in these photos)... but I’m not sure it would be as crisp in reality. My BMWs have HUDs and the glass itself has a reflective component to it right where the HUD projects. Without that, I’m not sure you would get such a bright and crisp display.

My other issue is the unit itself. Despite the product description suggesting it has an OEM appearance, I have to disagree... it’s too big, obtrusive, and clearly an aftermarket add on that is not well integrated.

I agree it doesn't look OEM but in its defense it does come with an optional reflective film you can put on the windshield but as you said I am not sure it would be as crisp as the BMW HUD I had a 328xi before my truck with the HUD and it definitely saved me from a few tickets lol.

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a nice product BUT if you run a tune and need the OBD port then you will have to unplug this. Would be nice if cars could come with multiple input/output ports for accessories like this one.

I have seen some Y cables for the OBD II port when I was looking into the AMP step bars for that reason but I am not sure if it allows both to run at the same time I have not done enough research into that.

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 way got on Amazon for $12 since my amp steps owl camera and hud all use obd I run all same time no issues

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one and love it. cant give off roading input but on road its great. I keep it on MPH and RPM but you can move little button in back and select bunch of other readings boost, volt, etc... just have to calibrate it as when i got to 50 mph the HUD was ready 53 mph other then that works great. it comes with calibration instructions then no issues after that

Do you have any daytime glare issues or nighttime issues at all? Does it come with a way to calibrate it?

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree it doesn't look OEM but in its defense it does come with an optional reflective film you can put on the windshield but as you said I am not sure it would be as crisp as the BMW HUD I had a 328xi before my truck with the HUD and it definitely saved me from a few tickets lol.
I don't even use the reflective tape and can see it fine I been in some factory hud cars and this displays better but never seen BMW to compare

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk