Extreme radiator coolant overheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
uh, cam phasers have nothing to do with the cooling system.

And to answer the question, yes, I have experienced this.

When it happened to me, the ambient was 128 degrees in the middle of the desert. The overflow tank drain hose popped off the overflow tank. The temps under the hood were hot enough to weaken the spring clip tension.

Thankfully I had a spare clip and a cooler full of melter icewater to get me going again.

OP
OP
M

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’ve had it for four days now and the only thing I heard back was on Monday the second day and they said one of the radiator hoses had come off and they were going to have to do further testing of all systems concerned! the truck severely overheated I was going 80 miles an hour +, pedal to the metal when this happened. I haven’t heard anything from them since the first day so I suspect something else is going on, they said they’ll make it right and they’ll do whatever it takes to fix it.meanwhile they gave me a brand new Ford Ranger to drive around. It runs pretty good by the way.

OP
OP
M

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’ve had it for four days now and the only thing I heard back was on Monday the second day and they said one of the radiator hoses had come off and they were going to have to do further testing of all systems concerned! the truck severely overheated I was going 80 miles an hour +, pedal to the metal when this happened. I haven’t heard anything from them since the first day so I suspect something else is going on, they said they’ll make it right and they’ll do whatever it takes to fix it.meanwhile they gave me a brand new Ford Ranger to drive around. It runs pretty good by the way.
Update; I talk to them today 1/16, they said it was a pressure clamp failure on one of my main radiator hoses. They’ve been testing it every day to make sure it’s not overheating or there is an any other problem somewhere else, so far so good. I can pick it up tomorrow which will be Friday The 17th. They claim they put 60 miles on it doing testing. They’re also going to top my fuel tank off and clean and wash it

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It sounds like they’re trying to make sure it’s squared away here. Good luck, hopefully it’s done right and you’ll forget about the the first time you get into the throttle.

OP
OP
M

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like they’re trying to make sure it’s squared away here. Good luck, hopefully it’s done right and you’ll forget about the the first time you get into the throttle.
I’m gonna drive it like I stole it that’s why I bought it!

OP
OP
M

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had cam phaser failure,Dealer replaced phasers took out of shop, four days later while driving on the freeway I noticed in my rearview mirror it look like a fog bank behind me then my gauge cluster said coolant
temperature overheating ,truck went into limp mode temperature gage turned red I clunked off the freeway called Ford roadside assistance and had it towed to the dealer waiting to hear back. Has anybody else have something like this happen?
update on 1/18/20 picked up my truck it’s all been squared away it turned out to be a blown radiator hose the pressure clamp failed they replace the hose and two serpentine belts ran diagnostic test for three extra days on it and put over 100 miles of road testing on it and gave It a performing as intended on all systems. I’m satisfied with them going the extra mile on it, gave me a new Ford ranger to drive which was enjoyable filled my gas tank up washed it and told me whenever I want to do there Platinum detail bring it back and it’s on them. It’s a 2018 built in July 2018 and I’ve got 36,000 miles on it and I drive it like I stole it, glad to have it back. Hopefully there’s no other problems and if there is I got the six years hundred thousand mile bumper-to-bumper VIP warranty

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Awesome. I just got my Rap back from moon roof adjustment and a trim piece replaced. The moon roof work has to be scheduled so they gave me a loaner peasant car to drive. Damn that thing was slow.