Extra Aux Switches Anyone??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iSurvive

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes sir...Scored from E-Bay...
I had my daughter make up some templets. Then just cut a hole in the side paying attention to the shifter behind it so there was no interference.
She made one for my E-flasher assemble also...I moved that down to..
006-34.jpg
005-35.jpg
008-26.jpg
[/IMG]
010-29.jpg

I actully got a little crazy with the file when I was finishing off the hole. I didn't realize there was no lip on this side of the plate...
012-28.jpg
So little tape and some black painters caulk and I was good to go...
005-36.jpg
007-35.jpg
008-27.jpg
You can also buy the factory plug from Ford...I have the Raptor wiring book so I was able to locate all the wires for the plug function..
001-50.jpg

If anyone needs a copy let me know and i'll shoot you one..

I couldn't read a schematic if my life depended on it. Where do you hook each one of those wires?? I assume the plug goes into the upfitter panel, just like the factory one, but that mess of wires has me confused.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't read a schematic if my life depended on it. Where do you hook each one of those wires?? I assume the plug goes into the upfitter panel, just like the factory one, but that mess of wires has me confused.

To be honest..If you have no idea what your doing you may want to get someone involved that does...You could do damage if you start poking around with wires under your dash..

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes....Like many of you guys, I ran out of swtiches long ago....

But I bet you can figure out what I'm thinking........

image_zps771e3d35.jpg

OP
OP
iSurvive

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To be honest..If you have no idea what your doing you may want to get someone involved that does...You could do damage if you start poking around with wires under your dash..

I understand your point. But help me understand a little more. I've wired everything in my truck so far, including the upfitter switches. So far a total of 10 individual lights or accessories. I did all of this by reading the forum, not digesting schematics.

For this install can I assume I'm not poking around with existing wires under my dash? I have no problem poking around safely. Do all seven of the wires coming off the plug attach to a ground, a fuse, or a wiring harness? I see one wire is "not used". If I have Rigid wiring harnesses I'm thinking I use them in conjunction with the upfitter switches (but I could be wrong). What I don't know is where the relays fit in the picture. The installed upfitters are fused and relayed, but the extra upfitters are not fused for sure - are the relays part of the switch panel, or are they somewhere else? Is there where the Rigid wiring harness would come into play? Providing the relay (and inline fuse if desired).

Thanks!

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok this is the the factory plug lay out for the switches...
C3389 This is the # you give the guy at the Ford parts counter. It was under $10
IMG-8_zpsebf9fd50.jpg
Sorry about the delay in getting this up..
As you can see pin's 1,5,6 and 7 will be hot when the respective switch is thrown...
Pin 3 is to a ground This has no effect on switch function it's just to turn the lights on in the switch housing..
Pin 2 is the hot side of the lights only. This needs to go to an instrument illumination wire.That wire is Violet with a gray strip..This wire can be found under the dash in many places as it is responsible for dimming everything in your dash...Just tap into it..I used the one that fires the light on my shifter indicator.
VLN04 in this diagram..
IMG-5.jpg

Pin 8 is the money wire. This is responsible for making all 4 switches hot when they are thrown...As you can see it is fused at 10 amps. This means the hole load on all the switches can not exceed 10 amps when there all turned on..
This is why we use relay's after the switches...So the switch turns a relay on that actually turns your accessory on ( Fan, Light ect )
The factory Relay's and fuses are located under the hood in the SJB (smart Junction Box) on top of the radiator. for the stock switches..
001-6.jpg
I personally went a little farther than I think you need to because I brought a new 4 gauge wire in to the truck and relayed with a 70 amp stinger and built a bus bar to distribute all my power to different systems..(GPS, VHF Radio,CB Ect.)
The 3 small relay's are for my extra upfitter switches.
015-26.jpg
021-14.jpg
One of these is truck interior acc. power and the other is for the amplifiers..
The yellow and black are for my CB P.A. speaker under the hood so I can yell at stupid people..he he
002-8.jpg
These are also fused down by the battery's at 200 amps.
003-54.jpg
So to some it up You will need to find a ignition switched hot wire to make your switches hot only when the truck is in run or start....
If you tap into the white wire that is for your stock up fitters and bump that fuse to 15 amp you should be fine. Just make sure you are relaying everything with proper fusing on them as well...
Good luck and if you need a hand P.M. me and i'll send you my Phone Number..
Also if you want high res. pictures here is the link to my photobucket....You guy's can look around in there....There is only 1,300 pictures of my build..lmao
F-150 Manual Photos by wiz1500 | Photobucket

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figures when somebody asks, "Has anybody added extra (insert here)", we know that Wiz will be the one answering it... hahaha

One of my favorite jobs you've done (aside from the plastic hole enlarging part, which ****** you off, haha).

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a quick picture of my extra switches between the upfitter switches and the shifter.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

i like that, and thats basically what i was thinking of doing too!

but jesus dude.... wipe down your console once in a while.... christ thats dirty!!! :rotflmao: