Exterior Mirrors Click

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 and it’s been going on for a while, but here goes. Often time when I enter the truck, before I start it, one of the side mirrors start to move and click. After it stops, I need to re-adjust it. I am referring to the actual mirror, not the assembly that folds. I can stop it from moving by folding the assembly, but when I extend the assembly back out, the mirror is out of whack. Any fixes?

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also had the same issue. Through trial and error, I found that it was related to the memory function being tied to one or both key fobs. I unlinked all my key fobs from the memory function and I've never had the issue since.

1675261085901.png

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a Service Message with a software update for the DDM and PDM. The dealer can do it, but it’s only covered if you’re within 3/36. Anyone with access to IDS can do the update, I updated my own truck which resolved the issue.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i do mine after 3 years and stealership cover it.yes, it a pain.....
try to your dealership

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also had the same issue. Through trial and error, I found that it was related to the memory function being tied to one or both key fobs. I unlinked all my key fobs from the memory function and I've never had the issue since.

View attachment 391635
Jeanco, I am keeping my fingers crossed, but your idea seemed to work. Thanks for taking the time to post