Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doctor Mike

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a fully loaded 2018 SCREW with warranty expiring in sept. I am debating purchasing an extended warranty. I do not have faith that cam phasers or something else won’t go wrong with engine or anything else for that matter as this truck has been very disappointing in the repairs I have had to do to date due to manufacturing faults.
Do you suggest purchase of such a warranty and if so what level?
Many thanks
Dr. Mike

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ESP through flood ford, cheapest price i could find at the time. 8 year 100k was super cheap, 1500 ish if i remember right. that was for the "full coverage" one. definitely recommend it.

policedutchdog

Reaction score
I did the same on my 2018 which would have expired next month, purchased through Flood Ford last year. Cheap piece of mind for these trucks.

Mike K

Reaction score
Flood Ford is good, that’s what I chose too. 2019 screw loaded at 32k mi cost about 2100$.
7yr 125k mi. Full coverage including glass etc...
Good luck

Steve1001

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a fully loaded 2018 SCREW with warranty expiring in sept. I am debating purchasing an extended warranty. I do not have faith that cam phasers or something else won’t go wrong with engine or anything else for that matter as this truck has been very disappointing in the repairs I have had to do to date due to manufacturing faults.
Do you suggest purchase of such a warranty and if so what level?
Many thanks
Dr. Mike
I have a 2018 SCREW 802A and I purchased the extended warranty at 30K miles through my dealer only to have the underwriter of the plan call me to cancel and refund my payments to date. The only explanation I got was Raptors do not qualify for the extended plans hopefully there are others out there that could actually purchase an extended plan after they purchased the truck from the dealer.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 SCREW 802A and I purchased the extended warranty at 30K miles through my dealer only to have the underwriter of the plan call me to cancel and refund my payments to date. The only explanation I got was Raptors do not qualify for the extended plans hopefully there are others out there that could actually purchase an extended plan after they purchased the truck from the dealer.
You don’t need to buy it from the dealer. In fact, it’s advisable not to. These mofos will screw you over anyway they can. You can buy it directly from the ford website, fordprotect.ford.com.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine from Flood Ford as well, even my local dealer that is actually a small but very good dealer (and where I ordered mine in 2018) couldn't come close to Flood's pricing.

Cam

Reaction score
Florida requires ESP through dealership, what a load of crap. Wouldn't help with my mods, anyway. Drive it like a rental!

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read that here in CA you can only buy esp from the dealer at time of purchase.....anyone know if this is valid? Something about consumer protection, sounds more like one more reason to hate the a##holes in Sacramento