Extended warranty ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the dealer is really pushing this of course. But I wanted to hear from those of you purchased the extended warranty at the end of the normal 3 year warranty.
They are offering 8yr/100000 fro $2200. But I am not sure what modification I will make to the truck so maybe it would void the warranty anyway. I would hate to purchase it up front then it not be valid.

I did search but found only a few reference... maybe not the right search words

What a dumb sh*t I am... I found this right after I posted
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/ford-esp-extended-warranty-plan.65411/#post-1318743

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, If you offroad your truck, definitely get the extended warranty. If your a street queen, not required but not a bad idea either. Another 5 years of coverage for $2k is a fair deal.

profunctional

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking extended warranties are not worth it. But I've done it once in my lifetime on a 2012 and I ended up breaking even. I had the chance to extend it again and did not.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i normally dont get extended warranties but there is so much tech in these truck, one significant repair would likely cover it. getting one from a dealer is not worth it. but i can get an 8/60 for $1200 from flood. to me thats well worth not having to worry about any repairs for the next 8 years. that and it adds value if i want to sell it before the warranty runs out.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the never-buy-a-car-without-extended-warranty camp. A couple of grands up front could save you thousands down the road. Especially with American cars having only 3 year, 36k vs imports with 4 years/50k. Think of it as an insurance policy, especially if you're financing the car over a period that is longer than the original warranty. You don't want to be making payments on a car that isn't running or have to chose between a car payment and making a repair. Especially with all the electronics in this car, it can get pretty expensive.

Not sure what mods you are thinking of doing, but general stuff (wheels, leveling kit, bumpers, etc.) shouldn't void the warranty. Now, if you are modifying the engine or suspension, that's a different story. In that case I'd ask you why you would mess with a machine that was perfectly engineered by Ford!!