Explaining gas mileage to your children

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCSVT

Reaction score
Actual conversation between my 26 year old son and I, after he was touting the gas mileage of the new Ford Maverick vs my SVT:

Him: Your Raptor is just...
Me: Well, we both agree that as fossil fuel supply eventually dwindles, research on alternative fuels will boom right?
Him: Yes absolutely
Me: So, if I use as much fossil fuel as possible in my lifetime, it's hastening alternative fuel development
Him: ....
Me: It's making the world a better place for your generation.
Him: ....
Me:...
Him: Dad...
Me: It's for the children. In fact, if I put a 460 into my '85 flareside, I bet I can get the mileage down to like 8mpg...
Him: DAD!

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"If you force a response then the innovation in the world of alternative fuels will have to react and develop faster. If anything high horsepower is going to save the environment in the long term and all of these battery powered vehicles are just a stop gap that will turn into the largest e-waste the Earth has ever seen!"

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When my GEN1 was new, I actually got accosted and shrieked at by a woman at the gas station. She was my age, or thereabouts. It isn't just the younger generations who have gotten drunk on the global warming/climate change cool aide. It's one thing to not litter, pick up other people's trash, and otherwise to be concerned about the environment. It's quite another when it becomes a religion aggressively enforced on others.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
When my GEN1 was new, I actually got accosted and shrieked at by a woman at the gas station. She was my age, or thereabouts. It isn't just the younger generations who have gotten drunk on the global warming/climate change cool aide. It's one thing to not litter, pick up other people's trash, and otherwise to be concerned about the environment. It's quite another when it becomes a religion aggressively enforced on others.
The only things I usually have said to me at the gas pump is, “nice truck” “man this administration sucks and making gas prices ridiculous”. Yeah im thankful i live in a more big truck loving town lol

Our oldest kid has a 3.5 maxima and drives near an hr to work, he found out about gas mileage the hard way. Keep a light foot vs the fun heavy foot lol

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^Oh yes, and that is especially true when your vehicle is in the 6,000 pound bracket, doesn't try to hug the ground, and in general is about as aerodynamic as a brick! CAIs, intake air "swirl inducers," etc. are all money-making propaganda. There is one and only one fuel saving device that is effective on trucks like the Raptor - a mature right foot.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have to explain gas mileage to my kids, the media has already done everything they can to teach them MPG and electric and how the parents Raptor and 500+ hp suv’ and cars are killing them.

Is my job to unwind the battery only and explain how the world will function with petrol, battery and H2. I also have explained in great deal that H2 is a far superior technology than batteries.

The world is blind when it comes to
The real cost of their environmental friendly 6 figure feel good eco mobile

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is my job to unwind the battery only and explain how the world will function with petrol, battery and H2. I also have explained in great deal that H2 is a far superior technology than batteries.
The most valuable thing I learned in sixth grade is that my teachers were full of crap. Back then it was global starvation because over population and running out of oil. My Dad set me straight and I owe him big for that.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have to explain gas mileage to my kids, the media has already done everything they can to teach them MPG and electric and how the parents Raptor and 500+ hp suv’ and cars are killing them.

The world is blind when it comes to
The real cost of their environmental friendly 6 figure feel good eco mobile
1644775624524.jpeg