Explain beadlock capable please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How is clamping one bead any better than clamping neither then? I guess that’s where I lose it.

The majority of the load is on the outside of a tire. A good example is have you ever seen a track car rolling over a tire and it is tucking under? You never see the opposite of the inside “rolling out”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it now. It’d be pretty rare to sideload a tire from the inside edge. Makes sense when you visualize it I guess.

thanks guys.

OP
OP
L

lar32

Reaction score
Thank you. That is helpful. I never planned on adding the other rings but i guess people looking to buy them on resale are.

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The majority of the load is on the outside of a tire. A good example is have you ever seen a track car rolling over a tire and it is tucking under? You never see the opposite of the inside “rolling out”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While that's mostly true, it also has to do with the shape of a rim. The inner side of a rim has a larger shelf for the tire bead to sit on before dropping off and losing the bead. Look at the profile of the left side vs the right, below.

tire-wheel-advisor2.jpg

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One sort of side benefit of the beauty rings is that you can take them off and get them painted, powder coated, dipped, rather easily. You can do that yourself in an afternoon, or take it to a shop. The rings are cosmetic only, so you can ride without them on, no problem.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While that's mostly true, it also has to do with the shape of a rim. The inner side of a rim has a larger shelf for the tire bead to sit on before dropping off and losing the bead. Look at the profile of the left side vs the right, below.

tire-wheel-advisor2.jpg
i was going to say the shape of the rim, but you got to it first

bmarco

Reaction score
If you wanted bead locks, are there lighter/stronger aftermarket wheels available ? If so, how much would the price premium be over buying the beadlock capable wheels and then upgrading them ?

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my truck with the same wheels. At first I liked the 19+ beadlock capable wheels but these are growing on me. I know they look even better with the true beadlock rings but I'm waiting for prices to go down before I snag a set of 6