Experience Around Chicago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plcheetah

Reaction score
I live about and hour southwest of Chicago. I was emailing with a salesman from one dealership for over a month. He told me that they will be selling the Raptors at MSRP. I went in on Thursday to order the raptor. I asked him when I got there if they will still be selling at MSRP. He told me yes. I was there a little late and he told me they will not be able to put the order in until tomorrow. They had me fill out a credit application and appraised my trade in to give me an idea of what it’s worth. I was supposed to get a call the next day early. Someone was going to put the order in first thing in the morning. Friday comes and I’m waiting for them to call. Eventually I end up just driving to the dealer to see if they put the order in. The salesman I was working with wasn’t there Friday but I met with the GM. Long story short, he told me they can’t do MSRP. They only had two allocations I believe and the GM told me that the first one went to a long time customer and sold it for $25k over sticker. Seems like a terrible deal for a long time customer.
I was pretty pissed at this point but called a bunch of dealers in the area, at least 15. Only one dealer told me sticker. I made sure they had an allocation for the performance package and asked again if they were selling them at sticker. They assured me that they have allocations and they will sell at sticker. I got there, first thing I asked was if they had the allocation and if it was sticker price. Salesman talked to the manager and came back to me and said yes to both questions. I spent about 30 min there building the raptor and the salesman grabbing my info. After that he brings everything to the manager then comes back. Tells me he had only one allocation for the performance pack and it’s gone. They have a 35 left and they want $10k over.
I talked to a few more dealerships and a lot of people I talk to seem to have no clue about the raptor. Some don’t believe that there is a 2021. Maybe they don’t have allocations. There was one dealer that didn’t have much info but told me that they don’t sell over sticker. I’m not too optimistic.
So, if anyone knows where I can pick one up at sticker price, let me know. Otherwise I guess I’ll wait till 2022 comes out.

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several of the dealers I have spoke to had no idea about ordering the 2021 Raptor, one said all their calls have been for the Bronco.

If you want to pay MSRP then I suggest the Midwest or Alabama/Georgia dealers.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent a majority of friday and saturday calling Dealers since the two i was decently low on the list for didn't hit my number.
It is very odd that being active on a forum you know much more about the truck than the ones selling it lol!
Maybe 10-15 dealers thought there wasn't going to be a 21 since the received 0 allocations.
Out of all the dealers i talked with there was a very standout trend. Any dealer asking MSRP had already sold out there allocation. Any dealer asking over sticker was still sitting on theres.
I thankfully found a dealer that had allocations and MSRP. If you look long enough one should pop up, otherwise get low on a good dealers list and wait for your number to be called.

zela

Reaction score
My dealer in Iowa told me that the entire Chicagoland area of dealers have 2 allocations for the performance package. Good luck.

Chuck D

Reaction score
This is my exact same story except Im in Denver. The dealer strung me along and then finally called me back 20K over sticker. Im done doing business there. I can't believe the number of dealers that are clueless about the 2021 Raptor. Why is it so hard for some of these dealers to be honest?

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're nuts to think you're getting a Gen 3 for MSRP before summer 2022, maybe later. I sold my 2018 to a dealer who are selling it for over its original MSRP (and they'll get it). The market right now already commands super high prices and even in a stable market the Gen 3 would have been marked up during its first year. I want a Gen 3 but I've just resigned to waiting until 2022 or 2023. Not interested in competing with people who will pay whatever price because they want it now.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want to pay MSRP then I suggest the Midwest or Alabama/Georgia dealers.
He’s in Illinois, that would qualify as the Midwest.

It is very odd that being active on a forum you know much more about the truck than the ones selling it lol!
No surprise there. Most car salesman are job hopping, high school graduates.

Take a look at this ********* for example:

1623704448149.png

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is my exact same story except Im in Denver. The dealer strung me along and then finally called me back 20K over sticker. Im done doing business there. I can't believe the number of dealers that are clueless about the 2021 Raptor. Why is it so hard for some of these dealers to be honest?
It's not just the '21, I had the same experience when I got my '20. I was stunned how little the dealers knew about Raptors. I was a Raptor development engineer compared to the dealer sales people I talked to, including sales managers.