Experience Around Chicago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

plcheetah

Reaction score
Riverview Ford in Oswego way out west will wheel and deal. Any Chicagoland dealer wont, too many people with a lot of money they don't need to deal. Just how it is here.
Do you know if they have allocations in Oswego? That’s one of the only dealers I did not call. Maybe I’ll try tomorrow

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is absolutely brutal what is going on with these dealers. I had a 37 supposedly and now they say I am out. anyone know where to get one in the midwest??

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beware. You can order your Raptor deposit and all.... They can hit you with a mark-up the day you go in to take delivery. It's not yours until you have the key and the sales docs.
They know there is someone that will pay the mark up.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beware. You can order your Raptor deposit and all.... They can hit you with a mark-up the day you go in to take delivery. It's not yours until you have the key and the sales docs.
They know there is someone that will pay the mark up.
I understand what you are saying. I also think that most people here will be a little skeptical until they take delivery, BUT what I don't understand is why you are so negative. It seems like you hop on every thread trying to worry people that they will get screwed over when the truck arrives.

There ARE good dealers out there. Not ALL of them are out to screw you. I have dealt with the same dealership and same salesman for my last 4 trucks as well as my wife's previous Explorer. My order has been submitted and I have it in writing that I will be paying MSRP, however even if I didn't have a signed agreement I trust them because I have spent a lot of money there as well as the rest of my family and I think they would probably like to keep us as customers.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying. I also think that most people here will be a little skeptical until they take delivery, BUT what I don't understand is why you are so negative. It seems like you hop on every thread trying to worry people that they will get screwed over when the truck arrives.

There ARE good dealers out there. Not ALL of them are out to screw you. I have dealt with the same dealership and same salesman for my last 4 trucks as well as my wife's previous Explorer. My order has been submitted and I have it in writing that I will be paying MSRP, however even if I didn't have a signed agreement I trust them because I have spent a lot of money there as well as the rest of my family and I think they would probably like to keep us as customers.
Because I've been screwed before. On vehicles that I custom ordered from Europe. Because every dealer is your best friend.... It's amazing what money does. It's just business. Especially after a pandemic chip shortage and no inventory for a year.
Nothing personal bro. I wish you the best absolutely.