Expensive Exhaust Alternative

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]' started by DHW, Mar 12, 2018.

Sponsored By: Stainless Works
  1. DHW

DHW Member

Inexpensive Rear Exit Exhaust Tips

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my most recent mod. I've done a ridiculous amount of research on exhaust and almost more than the sound difference was I hated the look of the stock exhaust. I really liked the look of the Roush exhaust, but almost everyone says its too loud. As an alternative, I ordered a pair of black 6.2L stamped tips and had my local exhaust shop rework it so it looked similar to the Roush. Only $100 for the tips on eBay and $100 to have them installed. They cut the stock pipes just after they arch over the axle and welded in the tips.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    AndysLog and SZDZMTR like this.
  2. RaptArAz

RaptArAz Full Access Member

I prefer side exit personally but this looks pretty good. The "6.2" is a nice touch.

donh and DHW like this.
  3. Aaron

Aaron Meme Corps Commandant

Only bad thing here is that if you take it in the dirt and exceed your departure angle your tips will get flattened. If you don't plan on doing that though, then who cares. Looks good!

Ruger likes this.
  4. DHW

DHW Member

True, but I've seen quite a few flattened and crushed stock exhaust on Raptors too.

5. SZDZMTR

SZDZMTR FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Great thinking.

6. Aaron

Aaron Meme Corps Commandant

Yep. I flattened mine when it was a side exit behind the wheels. The easiest solution is to dump it right after the axle. However, like i said, if you don't plan to exceed the departure angle then no need to worry.

7. Ruger

Ruger FRF Addict

I don't get it. A "ridiculous amount of exhaust research" resulted in nothing more than the installation of a fancy pair of exhaust tips in a location where they could easily be damaged in real off-road use?
    Huh.

8. AndysLog

AndysLog FRF Addict

i dumped mine before the axle, and on really deep water crossings the truck goes completely silent except for the bubbles. its amazing and i love it and it was free.

Truckzor and DHW like this.
  9. DHW

DHW Member

What I meant was I didn't want to go too loud so I looked into Magnaflow, Roush, Borla etc. and had settled on the Corsa Sport when I read a review that said it was no louder than stock, which didn't seem like a wise way to spend over $1000. I just decided to keep the stock muffler and resonator, but still wasn't happy with the look of the stock exhaust tips.

And seems to me that the location of these tips is no more "easily damageable" in a rear departure situation I assume you are describing than the stock tips.

Clear it up for you?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  10. Fcfdw

Fcfdw Member

How loud is "Really Loud"?
    Ive got the MBRP Dump (no resonator) and it's not loud at all. I was actually kinda disappointed. The fact is you can't get it all that loud with the factory cats installed. I guess its all a matter of personal opinion but after a couple of muscle cars and a diesel with 5" and no muffler this truck is quiet.

Maybe my cats are clogged who knows?

Tips look good though might be even cooler when they're oval.:favorites13:

Last edited: May 7, 2018